The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

*waves to Ms.Q

I think the SOD awards are no longer televised but SOD should have a ballot out in one of the November issues I think.

They just post the winners in January I think...I *guess* they still get a statue if they win.

Guess it got to be too expensive to televise.

About the SOD blurb re: thumbs up Tracy/Lulu: I looked at it at the store and it basically just reviews the scenes with Tracy confronting Lulu over her lie...saying they(the mag) thought they were two disparate women(I've never thought they were that different) but found out they really aren't that they may have more in common than first thought and won't Luke be surprised.

And that Tracy gave "maternal" advice to Lulu about Dillon,etc,etc....it's a very short blurb.

ETA *waves* to MinervaFan

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

On the Next General Hospital:

<Tracy approaches Corinthos Manor>

TRACY: I suppose you're wondering why I'm here?

SONNY: <puts out big sign that says "The Doctor is REALLY In!"> No, Tracy, I have you penciled in for my three o'clock.

TRACY: <lying down on couch while Sonny takes out a pad and pencil for notes> So, I'm at the house the other day, and I just start to feel like I'm invisible. Like I'm just a prop in somebody else's drama.

SONNY: Uh-huhh.....

TRACY: I used to be somebody. I used to destroy wives....erm, LIVES. And now--I'm comic relief in my own life.

SONNY: And how does that make you feel?

TRACY: Um...bad?

SONNY: I think we're coming to a break through. Hold that thought. <Sonny gets out of his chair, crosses the room to where Carly is standing, kisses her passionately. Pulls out a gun, fires a shot at a mobster who is lurking in the shadows, goes to another corner of the room where Emily has appeared, kisses her passionately, pushes her away to jump through the window and save a man from drowning in a pool that just showed up, only to see Lainey there, kiss her passionately, returns to the house to give a gasping Alexis verrrryyy slowwww mouth-to-mouth resuscitation after rescuing a kitten from a tree, shoots another gangsta, teaches Michael long-division, then returns to the chair.> So, where were we, Tracy?

TRACY: <without missing a beat> I just sometimes feel I'm not as important in the grand sceme of things anymore...

• Members

Yeah, I figured that about SOD. They weren't televised the last 2 years, I believe. I just couldn't figure out how I wanted to word it, so I asked when they took place instead of when the ballots came out. Anyway...GH seems to do pretty well with those awards. Even if they don't mean much, it'd be nice to see JE win again. Winning Best Supporting Actress as she has in the past would be better, but her screentime hardly warrants "supporting" status.

ILoveTracyQ, thanks for the Tracy/Lulu "Thumbs Up" summary.

MinervaFan, I am laughing out loud here. The part where Sonny goes off and rescues everyone? ROTF! Have you thought about writing more of those kind of things and posting them on FF.net? *hint hint*

Keith, read and left ya a comment at LJ. LOVED it!

• Members

TQ is on today. If I wasn't so d*mn exhausted, I'd be dancing around the LoveFest Pole with ILTQ. As it is--

*grabs pinwheel and holds it up to the breeze*

Whee!

Although I have to admit, the previews for today's show didn't have me feeling too positive about how they're going to show TQ during this SL.... Oh, and I woke up at six this morning and my TV was on. Fey's mom had gotten up in the middle of the night to lie on the couch and had turned it on, (disabling my timer recording). I'm telling you right now, if somebody screws up my recording after WEEKS of waiting for a significant TQ episode, there will be a MASS of hurt going around this place tonight.

• Members

MinervaFan butting my nose in here but .....do you have time at lunch to come home and check that the VCR is still set?

Or is there someone there during the day that can check it for you?

Do you have a friend you trust to tape it for you as a backup?

Any friends with SoapNet?

If none of those are an option....save up and buy yourself your own little TV for your bedroom and your own little VCR.

Of course acts of nature notwithstanding(you know...the freak storm that cuts off the power) that's actually the best solution.

Who pays for the cable in your house?

Would they be willing to trade a bill with you if you paid for the cable? Most cable companies offer SoapNet cheap.

I have the cheapest possible cable package you can get. It's digital cable(I only bothered specifically because of TQ being back...otherwise I probably wouldn't even have it) and it's the basic plan....used to be 24.99 now is 29.99 plus tax.

Just a suggestion for a solution.....I remember back in the day...late eighties early nineties....when my parent's VCR would fail and I'd miss GH that day....if I knew Tracy was supposed to be on I'd freak.

Of course I also taped every day back then not for sure when she'd be on....and I had to FFWd thru a lot of junk. LOL

I didn't see the previews so I don't know....I expect them to villainize Tracy....partly because it's part of her nature....partly because she's a Q so she's an automatic scapegoat.

But I am withholding final judgement until I watch.

Anyone watching live......recaps/details of our girl's scenes will net you a snack of your choice from our breakroom...provided by *moi*.

:)

• Members

ILTQ, those suggestions are all good. We are already paying the cable bill for the house, but cannot afford the extra it would take for SoapNet. I cannot go home at lunch, because Fey and her mom have my car on Mondays-Wednesdays-Fridays to get her to school. (Fey's mom's car was totalled, and she hasn't gotten it replaced yet.) I set the timer at night, then check it before I leave in the morning. On Tues-Thurs, I go home for lunch. But basically, it's a matter of respect. There are times where people will turn it on to watch the news at lunch, not realize it's on timer, and not put it back on. No amount of yelling or fighting will change that. We are planning to move out in January/February if at all humanly possible. Until then, I breathe in, breathe out.

Before I left this morning, I told Fey's mom that it was the first TQ episode in weeks, and if I didn't get it on tape, I would probably have a fit. This, coming on the screaming fit I threw last night (totally non-TQ related, but very very serious--I'm not a screamer by nature...), seemed to hit home. She promised she wouldn't touch it. Now, if we can just house-trained the EFFING Rednecks....

Back on topic, yeah, it does look like they plan on villainizing TQ in this situation. Saddens me to see it, but I'm willing to bet that's what's going to happen.

Oh, well....at least she's on. *rolleyes* Isn't Guza planning on retiring? Hopefully in the next 10 minutes?

• Members

***waves to Minervafan!!!***

Hey guys! saw the preview for today and SQUEEEEEEEDDD to my little hearts content!!! Tracy's on!!! Tracy's on!!! Tracy's on!!! Tracy's on!!! Tracy's on!!! Tracy's on!!! Tracy's on!!! Tracy's on!!! Tracy's on!!! Tracy's on!!! Tracy's on!!! Tracy's on!!! Tracy's on!!! Tracy's on!!! Tracy's on!!! Tracy's on!!! Tracy's on!!! I'm sooo freakin excited!!!

oh and angel, you're only a sophomore!!!??? that's feakin crazy! I swear i thought you were a senior with me. Maybe it's because you ...erm..."sound" so much more mature than the avg. 10th grader. maybe that's 4xcrazy im thinkin of....

• Members

MinervaFan I apologize for butting my nose in and all. LOL

I just wondered. :)

I tell you what...until you move out or the situation changes some other way....if you DO miss a show..let us know on here and I'll tape that show for you...PM me your mailing address and I'll be glad to send you a copy of the show.

SN repeats GH shows several times for each episode and it's not a problem.

Same for anyone else that wants me to do it.

And yeah....EvilTracy is a Guza staple...and like I said I didn't see the previews....but I'm withholding judgement.

Jane has a way of *still* giving TRacy layers even when the writing doesn't.