2024 Daytime Emmys Live Discussion Thread

• Members

Well Frank only gets 15 weeks off or more a year so of course he’s tired! lol GH is dark for many more weeks than the average worker gets. Poor Frank being tired on a Friday so he can’t show any life winning an Emmy for the cast and crew of GH

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

B&B's official YouTube channel has posted the full length tribute to Ed and Melody Thomas Scott. It features extra footage not included in the Emmy's telecast. It verifies my suspicion that the Bells produced this, rather than the Emmys themselves, the background music is all signature Bell cues. 

• Members

I actually watched the whole thing on Paramount plus last night. Haha. For some reason it wasn’t available yet a few hours after the ceremony ended on Friday but last night it was. Thank you though!

• Members

It's always such a treat to see vintage Y&R from when the show was still written and produced with care.  God I miss that show.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I don't know when/why it was changed.
The word "performance" being the focus makes much more sense(to me)... in that the Daytime Emmys are the judged by the best performance in a few scenes (i.e. reel).

The Daytime Emmys are not awarded/judged by who is the best actor/actress over the course of the year.

I mean obviously it's stupid that awards are given based on who has the best reel!

But since they do it that way, then calling it best "performance" is at least more descriptive of what they judge.

They really should call it "best performance reel" LOL.

Edited by janea4old