• Members

No self-respecting writer is going to waste their time on this show if the existing power structure and systemic issues persist. You'll probably end up with a garden variety hack like Garin Wolf or Dena Higley before you get someone with a formidable reputation again.  

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Considering FV allegedly hated Dena I'd burst out laughing if she got drafted at this point. It would be so Kafkaesque and typical of the industry at this point.

• Members

About THE GATES, my immediate thought earlier today. Hmm. Will Michele Val Jean tap Patrick for her team? She told me once that they talked on the phone DAILY. That is the kind of friends they are. 

I see the resemblance & both are darling to me in their Southern accents & sensibilities. However, Curlee got pregnant two years in a row. She was set to HW GH when she OOPS found out she was pregnant the second time. That is not a Harper Lee type eventuality!!! 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

So...sabotage it is then.

Please register in order to view this content

SAME!!!

STAT! 

Give ALL the tea!!!

Indeed. It did seem very clear. From momentum to a flat stall of stories. The writing was on the wall. 

Early apologies from this corner for mine.

Just arrived. 

• Members

Which also got better right before she was out the door IMO. For all we know once the alleged PM scripts hit the screen, the show might be better, but they already threw PM out with the bathwater.

They acted too quick.

Understood.

The news is sinking in and I'm feeling a kinda way about it. My food is getting cold. 

Regardless of the clear stalling and the lost of momentum, I've been liking GH. This is the most caught up I've been since Portia's wedding I think. So I'm not pleased at all with these turns of events. It does make me think of a post I made in the GH thread about how I felt momentum had been lost since Jason's return because everything did slowly but surely was moving in a specific direction. I'm saddened to see that that direction is nowhere. 

I think it has actually soured my viewing. I still watch B&B and Y&R. B&B for the silly these days which only hopes my interest for so long. Y&R because like GH I was raised on it and even it has weeks I roll my eyes and other weeks are 'woulda, coulda, shoula'. Or...like in the case of the terrible story that Eileen Davidson is currently...I'm there watching how flawless excellent a performance she gives. 

As mentioned above from where I'm reading. I've liked that the dialogue got smarter. I LOVED that we are getting to see the inner lives of a lot of the characters again...even characters that were not my favorite, but we got to see, hear, FEEL how their motivation. I really loved that character propping was down and people were being held accountable. Like Laura and Anna separating from Sonny and what was leading to some interesting drama given their history. Sad to see we won't see that end in a satisfying climax with caring for the characters on all sides.

• Members
Posted (edited)

A sad day for the show and a sad day for the genre. This seemed like the last chance to see quality writing on GH, the last chance for a creative renaissance. Now I guess it's back to plot-driven amateurish dreck for however much longer the show is on the air.

Edited by Jdee43

• Members
Posted (edited)

That's why I'm not sticking with GH any longer.  Because, even if something magical were to happen in the next several days or weeks, what would be the point?

PM and EK could be replaced by Nancy Curlee and Lorraine Broderick tomorrow, but until FV learns to get out of the way and just produce the [!@#$%^&*] show, nothing's gonna change.  Nothing.

And to think there was a time when I was ready to see Wendy Riche and Bob Guza go.  But, like the song says, you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

Edited by Khan

• Members

So on top of PM leaving, EK being HW in name only now apparently, there could be a THIRD writing team.

Hmmm...you would think there really is a whole different power struggle going on BTS. 

Very interesting.