• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I've shared many new character ideas over the last few years or months, but yeah I hold a lot back too.

I did go back and amend my post though: if we're deep in fantasy camp then yes, I'd cut LW and bring Sarah back. Fúck it. There is a reason those almost 30 year clips still do numbers. The audience would sink or swim with it, it's not like there's much left to lose. Especially if you can secure VM or Jonathan, both of whom I would go after (and recast Lucky if I had to - but I'd give him and VM the same kind of outs as Tony and Genie if that's what it took). I'm going to make the bold and reckless claim that if the writing was consistently good and you secured Vanessa Marcil, at least a minor ratings bump could hold.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I'd love to revisit the Wards , at the same time keep the Ashfords. It doesnt have to be one black family over another. 

GH should have made Portia's parents, Claudia and Bryan Phillips

• Members

I agree!

I'd also try and secure VM and JJ and (paging Mark Teschner!) find someone GREAT to play now-grown Sly Eckert, who's now a single dad of two (a boy and a girl) with a culinary background (he'd land a gig as the new cook at Bobbie's), a love of motorcycles and tattoos and a troublesome ex.  And what would prompt JJ/Lucky to return would be the devastating news that Lulu is officially brain-dead and that Laura has to decide whether to turn off all life support for her daughter. 

Also, I would give Liz a new love interest: a private investigator, who, at first, is hesitant to get too involved with a single mom with three teenage sons (and two different baby daddies).  Aiden and Cameron would be the first two to bond with him, but Jake might just resist accepting him on account of his dad (Jason) still being around. 

And maybe - just maybe - I can track down and convince Douglas Sheehan to return occasionally as Joe Kelly, who, we learn, was Liz's new love interest's mentor.  If not, I'll just create a new character, played by a "name" actor, who could serve the same function.