• Members

Honestly, Cynthia Watros, Maura West & Laura Wright all play well off of each other. They really do. A trifecta of amazing [blonde] talent, and I do believe that stems from their beginnings in east coast soaps, especially P&G produced ones.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Very true.  I bet it does have a lot to do with their soap beginnings.  

Forgive my ignorance, but did they play off one another on GL much?  I thought their stints on GL didn't overlap much and I honestly only have the most basic working knowledge about GL.

• Members

I do recall at least one run-in between CW/Annie and LW/Cassie, but you're right, LW joined GL in '97 and CW left in '98.

Translation: Kim Delaney didn't work out.

• Members

Good old east coast casting... pure gold.

They did! Watros' Annie and Ron Raines' Alan are the ones you brought Wright's Cassie to Springfield when Kim Zimmer's Reva was searching for her long-lost sister.

Pretty sure the vaccine mandate had something to do with it; that's around the time she stopped appearing, and she continues to like a certain former cast member's social media posts.

• Members

Fair amount. There is one short, but delightful clip of a catfight where Reva & Edmund have to physically separate them. I don't know if you recall but I'm not a big fan of catfights. This one & LW's Cassie with Crystal Chappell's Olivia where Olivia pushes Cassie, just with no aim but to push her away but she lands squarely in this conveniently located HUGE mudpile & it goes on from there. Last one I like is the one Michele Val Jean wrote on Generations where the two women almost destroy an apartment & then it is literally all Kristoff St. John's character can manage to physically separate them. If you desire to see any of these 3, just say & I will find them & post them ... somewhere. 

Uh, Kim Delaney had another one of her really bad DUI events. By the timing I and others surmise that she had begun drinking again & as I understand it, when she does that, it's 24/7 so she is useless at work. If that is so, then, that would explain why she stopped appearing as Jackie Templeton. Which is one way that Frank is right about things. Just giving a little that's due. 

• Members

Interesting.  I tend to forget Annie hung around for awhile post the Josh/Reva stuff

The vaccine mandates might have something to do with, but I am pretty sure KD relapsed.  She got a DUI after appearing on GH and I think she's still dealing with that.  I think the court case ended fairly recently.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Mhmm. She was there for a bit of time, thankfully.

Oh, I don't negate that. She was arrested in January 2022 for refusing to comply with a blood-alcohol test. A judgment on her was placed last month (April 2024); she last appeared in June of 2021. From what was reported (by The Hollywood Reporter), ABC implemented its vaccine mandate in the summer of 2021 and that September is when California began implementing vaccine mandates, some of which went into effect in October. Steve Burton wrapped filming the end of October that year, as I am certain you needed proof of vaccination or an approved exemption by November, as a lot of people exited projects within Hollywood in October 2021.

So, I've always suspected Delaney said, "I'm a free agent, so I am not proving anything to you." Again, it's speculative, but the timing lines up perfectly with the mandates coming down. Does not mean she is anti-vaxx (as she's liked tweets on social media asking for people to be vaccinated) nor do I believe she is; merely that she didn't want to prove her stance to her then-employer. Shame, 'cause her casting was gold!

Edited by Liberty City

• Members

Yeah, it definitely could be a combination of things, but it's hard to trust KD's judgement if she's still struggling with the booze.  From what I can tell it's a very big problem for her.  She may think she's still a free agent/big star, but I can't imagine any show would want to deal with that.  Hope she gets the help she needs, because she is so talented.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Yeah, I just looked that up earlier. In 2022 she had a hit-and-run that ended up also being a DUI. The person she hit was injured & sued her, so she had to deal with both the state & also a civil case, which came up this year. She is just so sad to me. 

Yes, Frank almost got her back & then something happened with scheduling & it totally fell through because they couldn't work out the logistics. 

Stay tuned for different versions of this!!! 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
combine