DAYS: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have become aware of some fans who are taking the burning of Horton House as an ill omen that the show is going to be ending soon. This is what I have posted about that.

Don't attach any significance to this. It was Albert Alarr who did this! And it would have been one of the last things he did. So when he decided to put this into story & script he was under investigation for the second time in 2023. There was a huge fan campaign and petition to have him fired & 25 members of the cast had signed their own petition asking he be fired, as well. So, you know, come on, without a doubt that was his way of saying EFF You to the fans & the cast who were calling out his misdeeds!

And I know it has been suggested that those of us who think this about Alarr are in need of psychoanalysis, but I just think that when there's smoke there's usually fire & this is what was going on when this would have been written in a script. (Notwithstanding whether any DAYS fans need to have their head shrunk or not.)

• Members

Okay, but remember that this happened during the second consecutive unplanned dark week! No one was at the studio. Maybe they set it up online. But they were not physically in each other's presence unless they made a point to get together somewhere. And the original article said at least 25 cast members had signed it as of press time, possibly suggesting some more were going to sign it & they knew it. 

However, sure, I'm curious too. 

• Members

I think we can eliminate the actors who played Holly and Tate because they were new. I’m curious if only contract cast members signed or if recurring actors like the Hayeses and Judi Evans did as well. 

• Members

I was watching this promo where Tom tells Justin that Alex is his child, which makes the current ret-con even more ridiculous.  I mean, if you can't trust Dr. Horton, who can you trust?

However, it got me thinking about Dr. Neil Curtis.  And I wonder why Sarah and Alex aren't closer?  Days has had siblings with more tenuous relationships that were closer (i.e., Adrienne and Jack).  I recall that there was a throwaway line from Maggie that Neil would have been proud that Sarah was a doctor.  But, Alex was adopted by Neil and was referenced throughout the 1989 recaps as Alexander Curtis.  So, I wonder why those two characters don't cross paths more often?

All of which is to say, I still enjoy it when DAYS mixes up the pairs in scenes in order to avoid monotony.  And Alex desperately needs another talk-to than Marlena.   

• Members

Because by the time everyone found out that Neil was Sarah's father, he and Angelica had already divorced and didn't have much of a relationship with Alex anymore. 

Justin, Adrienne and the boys had already left Salem by that point. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

That's precisely why I brought up Jack and Adrienne. Despite not knowing each other in their youth, they developed a strong bond as adults through their common parent. I'm not proposing they start calling each other siblings; rather, I simply crave more diversity in scene partners.

Additionally, do you reckon Judith Chapman often left work with a headache from all that eyebrow arching? It seems rather taxing.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I'll pass.

Please register in order to view this content

I watched last week and I was surprised that they actually said Days was bad lately. I almost fell off my chair.

Edited by Soapsuds