• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Of course he was.  Ron Carlivati isn't about to admit that scabs wrote his show better than he could, lol.

Like I said once, when I learned about his divorce: "You've got to be a real shithead if Karen Allen drops you like a bad habit!"

• Members

I was just on X (formerly twitter) and Entertainment Weekly, Daily Mail, and Dateline all had articles about Steve Burton's exit from Days.  Maybe it was an opportunity to bring up his 'salacious divorce'.  Or, possibly soap stories are reliable clickbait.  Or, perhaps it is a slow week after holidays.  But, it seems like a lot of attention, given that we knew he only signed a one-year contract.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I think you meant Deadline. 

Deadline, Variety, TheHollywoodReporter. TVLine, GoldDerby, Billboard, RollingStone, several awards shows, 
and SHEMedia (soaps.sheknows.com is part of SHEMedia),
are all part of one media conglomerate
Penske Media Corporation (pmc.com)

Once one of them picks up a soap news story, it spreads rapidly to other outlets, even those not owned by pmc.

And obviously this news was released because they wanted it hyped up ... because tonight they'd be announcing his return to GH.
see other thread with that announcement.
https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/65741-gh-surprise-announcement

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Really? You're serious, not kidding? There is no way Ingo will ever be rehired. You are aware of the lawsuit he brought against them? And, his many OTT comments about them? No, Ingo absolutely made his bed & he will have to sleep in it forever. Joss is effectively half-orphan. This is an excellent example because the way that Burton handled things compared to the way Ingo did, makes all the difference if you want to have a future relationship with a company that you are leaving. Burton was basically diplomatic & a statesman & Ingo was an outspoken critic & with his lawsuit, fugettaboutit! 

I did not know this! Thank you, once again, for your curiosity, research & then sharing it with us. I share your sense of curiosity & I love doing research & I greatly appreciate it in you. 

• Members

I was talking about Days casting him, not GH. Back in 2000-01, Days tried to cast him (I think he had just left GH) and created the role of Colin Murphy to be paired with Jennifer Deveraux. It didn’t work out and then later the role went to someone else.