GH: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I wish people would stop hating so much on ME…

Please register in order to view this content

When I remember when he was on PC when I was a kid and when he joined OLTL he was such a fan favorite with the audience ? What happened ? He is doing the best with the material given. Can’t say for people who are on this show for decades like KS as Maxie. She’s phoning it in for the last few years.. 

I’ve watched 1/12 finally… THATS‘s MY Sonny! That’s the Sonny Corinthos I miss! He ordered Dex to get rid of Cyrus!! I loved how Sonny became his old self again. I was so thirsty for this Sonny to come back ! He is taking back his organization and getting back into action! 
I had to laugh coz who directed this episode ? They cut the episode two times coz of commercials with nearly the same thing… Sonny: Are u loyal to me blah blah… and the other time: Are you with me? (Like the same damn thing lol).. BUT I loved it.. Can‘t wait for Jason to return and see what they will do with Sonny-Jason-Dex in business! I know people hate the MOB years during the 2000‘s but I was young and a kid but I loved that sh‘t. I loved the action and drama. I really hope Sonny will give Nina some hell.. 

Esme became a favorite of mine. I kinda enjoyed seeing „SPENCE“ noticing that she slipped up and remembers everything lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I see people say this & I think that the point is being missed. It is entirely irrelevant that there is some theoretical someone who could steer this ship. Is there someone in the known pool of talent who could do it better than Frank? And with only 4 soaps the number of jobs is shrunk & correspondingly the pool of known available talent is also shrunk. But I don't think people get Frank's pedigree & rep as a rainmaker. 

From a 2014 Michael Logan with Geary, Shriner & Elliot, they are speaking of a time when GH was close to being canceled. 

Shriner: It's weird how it all changed overnight. Everybody was firing everybody. Brian fired [head writer] Bob Guza. Then [exec producer] Jill Phelps got fired. Then ABC fired Brian. "You're fired!" "No, you're fired!" It was crazy. But, then, out of the ashes came Frank and Ron. 

And the very strong belief is that they saved the show from cancelation.

And because it's Friday & it is such a delight here's the link for the whole interview

https://www.tvguide.com/news/anthony-geary-jane-1063392/

Oh, and Frons's boss, Anne Sweeney was not far behind. Shapiro also got canned somewhere in that timeframe.

• Members

Kirsten Storms needs to be let go until she can get her ducks in a row but it's not going to happen because they believe she will sue them. 

ME & RH both suffer/ed from character identity problems. But personally I do not post against ME, although almost his whole family is on my cut list. But I do post #FreeLiz which has started trending. And I post FizFazzled. People don't like the pairing, hate Violet & want Gregory to die already. 

• Members

Is there something with KS (Maxie) other than weight Gain? I just though GH realized that KS isnt/cant gonna lose the weight.

Also I feel its how they dress KS and even GF thats the issue not their weight. There are plenty of excellent clothes for full figured people if GH wanted to pay for them

Edited by John

• Members

KS has multiple issues. 

That is so totally NOT the problem. For example JZ memorial dressed in this nice black dress but when they gave her set call she either panicked or had a panic attack, claimed she couldn't deal with the dress & put on her own comfort clothes, this big black granny sweater & these sorta baggy lumpy black pants. 

Maura, Genie, Becky, Brooke, most of the cast trusts their support people. If KS would just trust Hair & Wardrobe & actually wear great clothes, it would be a different look entirely. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
save

• Members

Kate as Kristina just is not connecting for me. Being fully transparent, I was never the biggest fan of her on Days either so perhaps I'm biased, but I see a lot of posts on Twitter that seem to agree with me. I felt she started off okay but the more story they throw at her, the less I seem to care. She comes off so cold onscreen. And I know this is petty but does her particular brand of vocal fry irritate anyone else? I can't stand it lol.

I know the double Davis sisters recast was out of the show's control, but there is not a single thing that Kate has been given/performed that Lexi couldn't have handled just the same. I don't know if they wanted to 'age' Kristina physically for the 'adult' story of surrogacy, but no one gives a f#!k about this surrogacy story, for many valid reasons.

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

I don't know if Kate could work in the role or not, but this dead-end story (and the romance with this dayplayer, nice though she is) sure isn't it. I agree there's nothing so far Lexi couldn't do. It's C-story.

Re: Kirsten Storms, I know what Frank's OLTL did to keep and shelter Nathaniel Marston before he finally flamed out, up to and including veteran actors working to get him out of bed in the morning to make his early set calls. So I think there is real loyalty to Kirsten from FV, but I don't think it's good for her to be on the show anymore right now.

• Members

What does this mean? What is "vocal fry"?

Otherwise my view of Kate as Kristina couldn't be more different. I'm loving her portrayal & I personally am getting much more out of Kristina than I was with Lexie. I understand her devout fans are not in favor of this recast. And, I’m sorry for them  & their feelings. There are plenty of people who are into both Kristina & into #Kraze. 

• Members

I was one of the biggest fans of Kate on DAYS.. I do enjoy her on GH. BUT I have to agree that something happened there. She definitely looks so cold and distant. Not like she was on Days. Disappointing. 
This vocal fry thing I am fully agree on. She never talked like that on DAYS.. But Kelly Monaco is doing the same thing for years even though she never talked like that before. I don’t know if it‘s an LA thing or if this is a natural aging process of the voice but I know they never talked like that before lol

I have to say Kate became quite odd as an actress. I saw some of her other recent stuff between Days and GH and she was poorly in it too. I don’t know if she just became a lazy or bad actress at this point!

And to Ks as Maxie. She has more than medical trouble and a lot on her plate. I don’t even mind her weight tbh. But she feels so lifeless and I am a die hard KS fan since she played Belle on DAYS. But everytime she got replaced for a little while those new actresses really brought some life back into the character.. Wish we could make a cut there coz she’s eating up a lot of the salary for sure. 

• Members

Sorry but I can't hate FV. GH is the only soap that doesn't feel dead soap walking, or milk that you have left in the fridge for years.He tries new things, he respects the veterans, is on budget and has people talking. Would I like a new opening? Yes. Better sets? Of course. But I wouldn't trade these things for a new bored producer with late 90s Days of Our Lives aesthetics who just wants a check for a while.
(Would I mind someone like Wendy Riche, Susan Bedsow-Horgan, Ginger Smith or a back from the dead Robert Calhoun though? No.)
As for KS.. The poor woman is playing a C character at this point, but I guess many of you can't stand watching a fat chick with issues who can't find clothes her size that make her feel good. I am sure many of you might have wanted Jesse Brewer recast with a more glamorous and less problematic actress in the early 80s?

Edited by Sapounopera