GH: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Friday's show was such a terrific watch with Laura, Spencer, Cyrus, Esme and Ava.  That last scene between Esme and Ava in particular was a heart-wrenching cliffhanger. 

They need to keep Nina like she was in today's episode, a little unhinged, a lot angry and very vindictive.  I'm so sick of her being a whiny doormat and punching bag for all the insufferable and loathsome characters that attack her constantly.

Carly taking over as editor of a fashion magazine is so ridiculous.  Every job that character has had (except as a nursing student when she came on the show) has been completely unbelievable.  Having her run her mother's diner was the perfect fit.  She should have stayed at Kelly's/Bobbie's.

• Members

If this was the Guza or Carlivati years there is a fair chance Carly might tank Crimson, lol. They prioritized other women at times. And we all remember her uh, storied time at Deception (though I honestly really liked the idea of polar opposites Laura and Carly working there, with Sonny basically having bought her the job).

Edited by Vee

• Members

I liked Carly running Kelly's/Bobbie's.  I didn't even mind her stint at the MetroCourt because you could assume Jax was doing the work and he taught her enough to be competent.    Running a magazine in 2024?  Like it's easy with a half a nursing degree?  Lol.  She doesn't even have Maxie or Lulu there to run it by default.

• Members

I guess we are back in the Carly wins everything era lol.

I was really worried about her for those 9 months where she almost lost her mansion and was down on her luck 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Carly owning Kelly's/Bobbie's is one thing. She's a great owner of the business. But for them to waste Carly slinging coffee and burgers was just too much. Sure, it was a transition for her to switch from hotel owner to cafe owner when she was in trouble. But she's a force in this town whether we like it or not. Send her up the scale again to running Crimson. Hopefully it will be part of Drew being ran out of town for Jason's return.

So who do we know is probably leaving? CamMat/Drew? Spencer for sure. I'm sure Nina's not going anywhere.

• Members

I'm sorry, but as much as I love and miss Bobbie/JZ, I really don't understand naming Kelly's after her, especially when her occupation was as nurse.  Couldn't they have dedicated a room or wing of the hospital to her instead?

• Members

I get what you are saying because I didn't really have a connection to Bobbie being a big part of Kelly's.  Ruby had a much stronger presence there and while Bobbie may have currently owned it I don't really associate her with it.

That being said, I am fine with it and thinks it's a nice gesture.  It just doesn't make the most sense.