DAYS: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

It was nice seeing Andrew again but Wednesday's episode was a chore to watch. What a boring episode. 

Today's was better but some of the script was eyeroll moments. Like when we were supposed to believe that the emergency waiting room was full....lol and Paulina as Mayor didn't get special treatment yet some kid named Johnny Dimera was able to get Paulina examined.....

Please register in order to view this content

Johnny did look hot with the longer hair.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

One of my favorite episodes of the year! This is one of the things that makes Days what it is. And the ending was really beautiful as well. Which is why I’m dreading that spoiler that we saw in the Day of Days preview.

But at least we finally learned what happens to all the retired ornaments

l loved that Doug got a bad feeling about Konstantin from the very beginning. Too bad he didn’t get that feeling about Everett. And I’m glad we got a flashback of Doug’s first Christmas with the Hortons. Though I did lmfao hearing Alice’s line to Doug.

“We’re perhaps the only family you’ve ever known… seeing as you were raised in an orphanage”

Lmaoooo what? I get that she was trying to be nice but who the hell says something like that?  

Chad/Stephanie was really good too. It was a really nice closure scene but I hope this isn’t the end for them. Chad did move on a little too quickly, though I still think that this all should have happened a few months earlier than now.

I also enjoyed the family bonding scenes between Brady, Tate and Theresa. EOB still needs work but she did seem more motherly today than she did the last time she had a scene with Tate. Brady and Theresa coming to terms with their mistakes as parents could be a good storyline. Btw, I agree with Theresa about one thing: why is the pub open on Christmas Day? Roman is such a tyrant

Gotta say, I really have been enjoying most of the scab episodes. The Baby Jude kidnapping was a little lousy and all over the place, but overall, I feel like the day to day episodes have improved. 

• Members

Did Will, Sonny, Paul, Andrew and Derrick return to Salem and perform a strip off dance with Johnny and Tripp joining them?

If not...how was this your favorite episode of the year? Wait! Was Leo killed off?

• Members

I liked today a lot less than @AbcNbc247 did lol.  

I wasn't crazy about the people at the Horton house, but I guess that's all the Hortons available.  I don't understand why Everett was there.  While I give the show a shout out for making Everett Jewish, why on Earth would Doug invite him to Christmas Eve?  He doesn't know anyone in town, but he...doesn't celebrate Christmas so who cares?

Theresa/Brady/Tate were okay.  I don't understand why Brady/Theresa act like children and fight in front of Tate all the time.  EOB is definitely struggling hard with the accent still too.

Flashbacks definitely give the episode a real upgrade in my opinion.  I would give it a C but flashbacks up it to a B+

• Members

7.8/10 (I let ChatGPT write my review today, since that might be the next headwriter

)

Today, DAYS really clocked in with Peacock cross-promotion, no one does “Netflix and chill” in Salem.

Have we ever explored the Horton house's basement? It's a treasure trove of divorced or deceased ornaments. I wonder if Jennifer has her own dedicated box, featuring the likes of Glenn, Emilio, Colin, Peter Blake, and Patrick Lockhart. Do Linda or Trish have an ornament too? It's tempting to envision a special event titled “Beyond Salem: Search for the Lost Ornaments of Christmas.”

The confusion surrounding Tate's school situation persists. Wasn't he expelled? How is his return being facilitated, and why was he initially unpopular? Will Brady be reimbursed for the tuition? More scenes with the trio are crucial to establishing a solid familial chemistry. The impact of the impending Theresa plot twist hinges on their relationship having more than just four brief scenes together.

Maggie appears oblivious as suspicions about Konstantin circulate. It's surprising that even Julie, known for questionable judgment in character assessment (remember Everett), isn't falling for his charms.

For those skeptical of the show, how can one not be moved by the final flashback and the heartfelt in-memory card? Such sentimental and nostalgic moments are quintessential soap opera fare, evoking a lump in the throat.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Phil Sogard just passed today & they had an ILM screen for him. How in the heck did they manage that? 

A good day even though we simply do not have enough Hortons! 

For 2 years we had an infirm John Aniston & now Bill Hayes is really showing his age. 

There was plenty of awkwardness to go around. 

Loved the flashback to Doug's first ornamental hanging. 

Loved the flashback at the end when times were tough for Mac. 

I also continue to enjoy these scab episodes. 

Things have been crazy for me. I began the day behind 11 episodes of 4 soaps. Now, make that 10. 

Tomorrow here we'll be doing an early Christmas feast. I'm in the mood now. Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays! 

• Members

I'm just not feeling them as a family. EOB looks too young to be Tate mother. She isn't very good as Theresa either. 

Brady is a goofball and has zero dad qualities. No wonder his kids are all messed up.

I do like Tate and the actor in the role. 

• Members

Brady seems a little bit more believable as just a clueless dad.   I think he cares, but has no idea how to parent a teenager.   I don't know what EOB is doing.   I don't think she looks too young to be his mom, but she plays Theresa like the gold digging stepmother instead of Tate's actual mother.  It's weird.  Maybe it's because she English and less emotional

?