Days of Our Lives: November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

The basic story is that Leo Stark is a name to distance himself from his abusive father (step?father).  The show did explain it during the John might be his dad saga.  I actually found Leo more likeable during that story.  The basic concept of Leo as a witty side character or complete schemer is okay.  You just can't have it both ways.  He's inserted into every story for no reason, is a walking cliche, and weirdly is a horrible person we are supposed to feel bad for or something?  The show is practically built around Leo and he is just an awful character that does bad things constantly but also has a woe is me attitude when he gets caught.  Ugh......the worst.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I guess so, given that I have watched for a solid year at this point and Leo's motivation regarding his family of origin has never been referenced.  It seems like with Sonny gone, John would be well suited to temper Leo's wacky schemes, but they barely interact.

Edited by j swift

• Members

They had some nice scenes when all the Diana fall out happened although the show has completely dropped that thread.  That was the last time I sympathized with Leo.  John appears so rarely he doesn't have time to babysit Leo.  I would actually be more annoyed if Drake wasted his 3 days a month on that lol. 

• Members

Upthread I mentioned this terrible murder in LA with a severed torso.  Since the incident, six neighbors have released their front door camera video showing the time of the incident. 

DAYS is going to have to catch up with technology and explain why The Kiriakis and Dimera mansions don't have Ring cams (since we all know you can't lock your front door on a soap).  I was proud of them for using the "family tracking" app to locate Nicole.  But, wearing a black hoodie to steal a baby isn't going to cut it in modern storytelling. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

Please excuse my pathological optimism, but, at least Sarah's baby and Nicole's baby are different ages and genders, so that can't be swapped

Meanwhile, if they're swapped tomorrow, it may crush my world view.

Edited by j swift

• Members

THIS!!! Constantly, daily, like it says ALWAYS

I was trying to think of the GREAT 2003/2004 CROSSOVER AMC/OLTL baby swap with helicopter crash in the woods ... There were two pregnant women on that helicopter & they both gave birth in the woods, so at one point there were two babies ... but we ended up with just one. If I remember correctly Babe's little boy died & Bianca's little girl lived but they told Bianca her baby had died & gave Bianca's baby to Babe. Do y'all remember? It was absolutely one of the most emotionally exhausting stories I ever felt my way through & it had the added difficulty that you had to watch two shows. At least we only have to watch DAYSPeacock! I'm tired & angry just thinking about Theresa snatching Victoria. 

I really had been thinking its time for Lucas to get out.