Days of Our Lives: November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

It was an excellent sign that Eric said initially he was skeptical because of Melinda Trask's involvement. When the time comes for him to have an AHA moment, I think we can count on some inner something. Once he is really in  love with this baby I hope it falls to him to make the difficult decision.

Oh, I see, you think Eric is not smart enough. To me he just seems terminally easy-going & also easy to please. 

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yup.  There were quite a few great acting scenes which I appreciate.  I guess the baby switch trope just isn't my fav topic, but the actors are bringing it.  It's clear they can rise above the material.  It's a shame some days the material is utter garbage lol.  Days just has such up and downs.  I want to call it a trash show and then it will go on a 2 or 3 episode run of solid tv and pulls me back in.

• Members

My #1 criticism with a bullet! Great days! AWFUL Days! No In Between.

#2 - Ron really meant it when he said not to take anything seriously. Unfortunately if you use that as a litmus test, you quickly run into problems. 

Demonic possession? We're just joking. Okay. But:

Woman in love with her rapist? We're just joking. Uh-oh. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
typos are always with us

• Members

BTW - an interesting bit of math that I did over on the 90s ratings thread - In 1992, 78% of the audience for DAYS was women between 24-54, but by 2022, 80% of the audience was women over 54.  I find the aging stats remarkable.  It is as if they've kept a loyal base that has aged over time, but they've not been able to add a significant number of younger viewers, which makes me the question the viability of a future for the soap, regardless of quality.

With numbers like those, Shonda Rhimes could take over with Julia Roberts as the lead actress, and it might not make a difference.

• Members

If I understand it correctly, two things happened during the first demonic possession storyline. Less than half, but say 35-40% of the then loyal fanbase left & never returned. But, approximately that number & definitely a bit more came in new & they were easily 15-20 years younger than the ones headed out the door. 

As to where those DAYS fans went, a lot, a whole lot to GH. Some to AMC

• Webmaster

Click on your name at the top right-hand corner where your avatar is and do the following:

1. Click on "Ignored Users"
  2. Add a person (username/display name) to ignored list
  3. Save

Please register in order to view this content

As everyone can see, I ignore no one. Haha.

• Members

ANOTHER BABY SWITCH/Steak story WITH Nicole involved in the story? Ugh

At this point I think Ron Boy was kidnapped/switched/stolen as baby and from someone with a face mask. This dude creates the same weird storylines on all the shows he was on and more than once. Bro has some hardcore issues. Shame that dude blocked me on X/Twitter lol Can’t handle criticism 

• Members

I love how everyone hates Leo, he has no friends, he’s lonely, etc., yet all of Salem loves his stupid ass column. Even in episodes that Leo’s not in, he’s still shoved down our throats. Six consecutive episodes of this crap. I think I know what torture feels like

Chad/Stephanie was the best part of today. I liked seeing scheming Chad again. He was always more of a gray character and his reaction to all this stuff with Everett actually makes sense to me. Having characters torn up like the way Chad is always a good thing. It’s provides more than just one note and one dynamic to a storyline. I just hope Stephanie keeps her guard up and doesn’t fall for Everett’s crap. And now that I think about it, Everett’s coma excuse sounds like one of those excuses that those cheating husbands used to give on the Maury show

EOB still isn’t working as Theresa, and nothing that’s done is ever gonna change that. And yeah, the anti-Maggie propaganda isn’t gonna work either. 

I always wondered if whether or not he actually had D.I.D

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Yesterday was so much substance! Today we're talking about tablecloths again.

Boy, when our Steve does not like someone, they don't have a chance in hell at changing his mind! Of course he's 100% right, so you can't fault it. 

Chad & Stephanie just seem so miserable together.

• Members

I tried cancelling my subscription to peacock since I haven't been watching Days.

Got the message...are you sure....I click yes....get another message giving me one month free and three months after that for $1.99.

I'll stay another 4 months.

• Members

@AbcNbc247 I actually don't get Chad's motivation.

He doesn't want to commit to Stephanie, but he doesn't want Everett to have her either.  So, is he only interested in winning, or has the competition renewed Stephanie's appeal to him?

Either way, isn't he a bit of jerk for not wanting Stephanie to be happy with someone else if he isn't ready for a new relationship?  As well as a bit dumb for buying a failing newspaper in 2023, regardless of the potential to spin off Mrs. Whistleblower's column?