Days of Our Lives: September 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Going back to the passport thing with Ava, Harris, Tripp, and Wendy - which looks like it might become an issue this week - are Wendy and Li citizens of the US? 

Their father Wei Shin lives in Hong Kong, where I assume his wife gave birth, so why do his children hold US passports?

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Shane!!

This was a total surprise, especially considering that Charles Shaughnessy was still on GH when this was all filmed. I can’t believe Days was able to keep this secret for so long lol 

It was great seeing him again and to see that he is a part of the Victor storyline. Now, if only his son had a bigger part in it

Please register in order to view this content

I’m still really interested in this mystery surrounding Victor. It was the saving grace of this episode actually. 

Everything involving Leo makes me cringe. And I can’t believe that it’s starting to look like Dimitri/Peter Porte is being sacrificed for him as well. As we saw today, the man has an amazing acting range and to waste him in order to prop the worst character on the show right now is ridiculous. Btw, I still love how we have to ignore the fact that Dimitri loves Leo so much, but was willing to let him die in Beyond Salem. 

And, I’m glad we got an explanation from Gwen. This is the most I’ve liked her in years and I look forward to her getting back at everyone. 

As for Gabi/Stefan, right now they’re the perfect example as to why you should never rush through a storyline. They deserve a lot better than just being secondary characters in Dimitri’s story. 

• Members

I like the Gwen and Kristen stuff.  I think Stacy Haiduk does a better job playing Kristin as a delightful schemer, rather than a homicidal vixen.  And I enjoy the consistency that the character of Kristin has always been a good friend to her allies.

Question of the Day

Why did Theresa have to break into Victor's briefcase?  Certainly, Shane would not have dropped off a locked case for Brady without a key or a code.  And even Alex isn't dumb enough not to notice that the case with tampered with.   Given the soap-laws-against-cell-phone-usage, I won't question why Shane didn't call Brady when he recovered the case, because clearly that's what a rational person would do IRL.

However, I really liked the way that Shane interacted with Theresa.  It makes sense with their history that he wants someone who puts his daughter first.  And he knows that Theresa has done much worse things than using Alex to make Brady jealous.  So, I appreciated that rather than getting angry, he just reassured her that she deserves more. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

I pretty much have tired of Gabi and Stefan. They need to both go.

So now Dimitri is going to kill them? He's going back to being a thug when he was a spineless wimp all this time with Leo. Whatever. I just want Gwen to really get some sweet revenge.

Dimitri and Leo have ZERO rooting value. They are one awful couple. Gwen needs to kill Leo.

It's too bad Shane had zero scenes with his son Andrew.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Here's the thing (as has been said before) there's zero tension in the Stefan v EJ war. 

Neither of them ran Dimera Enterprises for a significant amount of time.  Neither has a plan that is being diminished by the presence of the other at the company.  And they're both always going to be rich regardless of their title. 

If anyone dies because of this fight (as I assume will occur), it is a pity, because it is a meaningless rivalry with no stakes involved.

Dramatic Writing 101 - the audience needs to feel the tension in order to commit to the plot.  For example, I am committed to finding out what happened to Victor, because I care about Maggie.  But this EJ v Stefan story is forgettable.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Kyle Lowder sucks, he was absolutely terrible, horrible as Brady, and thank God they didn't bring him back as Brady!!  It was stupid they brought him in as Rex, and gave him Kyle Lowder's dumb Brady personality instead of the nice smart guy Rex was with Eric Winter in the role.  DAYS should re-cast Rex with a guy similar to Eric Winter, who CAN ACT!  But knowing DAYS now, they'll cast Greg Rikaart LMFAO.

• Members

I LOVE Leo! He's very entertaining. Unpopular opinion on here but who cares! Obviously other viewers feel the same way or they wouldn't keep writing for Leo. Loved today's Leo centric episode. I wish they'd use Leo more often but given Days budget, I know they can only use characters so many times per week. 

• Members

Jada was really smart today. Maybe she does deserve the commissioners job more than Rafe does. Guy wasn’t even smart enough to make sure he had cops at the airport to intercept Ava and Harris

I thought Shawn/BB did well today. He’s another one that a couple of characters should take lessons from

Adding Talia into this storyline adds another dynamic to it, and I’m interested in seeing how it’s going to play out. In some ways, it could also be tied to EJ/Nicole/Eric/Sloan, especially since Belle and Nicole seemed to be so friendly lately. 

Speaking of Nicole, her hair did look better today, but it still looks like she’s wearing a wig. 

Mixed feelings about Ava/Harris though. Not bringing Johnny into it, in order to cause conflict for Tripp/Wendy would be a big mistake. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Was there a sale at Bartlett's?  Why are Harris, Shawn and Eric wearing the exact same shirt?

The last time that I saw two characters in the same scene wearing the same wardrobe, it was done intentionally for humor (also, bad hair is a DAYS tradition).

Edited by j swift

• Members

At least you know your opinion on Leo is unpopular. But "Other viewers feel the same way"? Uh...with DAYS' taping schedule, there's no way to know that. Ron C. doesn't take any of our feelings into consideration.

The idea of Leo appearing even more often is gagworthy. The character is an abomination.