2023 Writers + Actors Strike Thread

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This timeline of them reaching out to renew talks certainly sits in line with concerns about quarterly returns, considering we are getting really close to 100 days.  It will be interesting to see what they are willing to move on. Especially with the actors also out and the public more often than not really hammering folks like Eisner for being out of touch.

I think UPS getting a historic contract for themselves and the sheer amount of Starbucks locations unionizing is wonderful movement for workers across this country over corporate earnings and CEO over paying.

And as history shows, we can always count on Stephen Amell to voice his opinions and receive backlash for them. From what else I have read he also broke the rules by discussing his acting work at his most recent appearance. I feel almost certain after all these years his favorite book (if he has one) is written by Ayn Rand.

• Members

That's the current WGAW list (WGA-West) of writers who have gone fi-core.
Per their rules, once you are fi-core, "Fi-core is forever."

________

According to these 2008 articles, the WGA-East fi-core members were outed in a letter, but they said at the time that the East members were not listed on the website.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/wga-outs-fi-core-members-109825/

https://variety.com/2008/scene/markets-festivals/wga-reveals-fi-core-writers-1117984266/

I don't know if there are additional *East* members that were added before/after the 2007-2008 writers strike?
____ 
WGA-East fi-core in the 2008 article:
The WGAE members included Priscilla Kay Alden, James Harmon Brown, Michael Conforti, Victor Gialanella, Josh Griffith, Frances Myers and Pete T. Rich.

Edit- see correction in my next post.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

yeah so many people are quoting
either the 2008 letter listing both WGAE and WGAW,
or the 2023 website list of WGAW only.

But I don't think we know if anyone else in East was ficore *before* the 2007-2008 strike.
and I don't think we know if anyone else in East became ficore *after* the 2007-2008 strike.

Edit update a few days later:
WGA-East website now has a list on its website, which I had missed.

The WGA-E webiste includes the names already known from the 2008 article:
Priscilla Kay Alden, James Harmon Brown, Michael Conforti, Victor Gialanella, Josh Griffith, Frances Myers and Pete T. Rich.

Plus, they have added to the list since that 2008 article
these additional names as fi-core:

Jon Robin Baitz
Mitchell Kriegman
Daran Little
Tyler Perry
Josh Selig
Garry Trudeau

https://www.wgaeast.org/enforcement/wgae-financial-core-list/

Edited by janea4old

• Members

JFP and the Scabs did a terrible job on GH during the last strike. The completely out of left field Diego back and revealed as the text message killer. Guza’s real killer, Logan, was offed by Lulu not long after the strike was over. Not that it was a good story to begin with. JFP- always killing the wrong people.

• Members

Oh, great line! Did she ever. Just discussing today that she did not even have the intestinal fortitude to tell Ellen Parker in person that they were killing Mo. Both were at the studio that morning. Jill called Ellen at home that afternoon & told her on the phone. (Ellen Parker, Locher Room chat)

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
more info