The Adventures Of Ozzie and Harriet.

• Members

I'm not sure if this is the right board to post this topic. I recently saw Amazon prime has been uploading remastered/restored episodes of the classic 1952-1966 TV series Ozzie & Harriet. For years all that was available were a certain amount of blurry public domain episodes that were scratched and beat up. The last time the show was syndiacted was back in the 1980's when Harriet Nelson hosted the show on the Disney channel. Even those episodes were edited and kind of rough/ not in the best of shape.

The Amazon episodes look incredible remastered from the original 35mm negatives. Currently the first 10 seasons are uploaded and they plan to release seasons 11 & 12 in May. I hope seasons 13 & 14 will follow shortly after. Season 14 is the only season that was filmed in color. I can't wait to see those restored.  Ricky Nelson became a one of the first teen idols with his music performances on the show.

Several actors made appearances on the show before they went on to series of their own. Linda Evans (before she was blonde) appeared in several episodes. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The vault of episodes were provided by Rick Nelson's son, Sam Nelson.  

‎ Mpi Home Video got the rights to distribute them on DVD and digital. I bought several episodes on digital. I hear the digital versions are in HD and look even better than the standard newly remastered DVDs.

Here's a link to more of the discussion. I post there too.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/ozzie-harriet-release-from-sam-nelson.361854/

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Thanks for the discussion link. I'm blown away how good those episodes look after years of looking at blurry beat up copies. I remember reading that article about 10 years ago that Sam was left the masters by his late uncle David to put back in circulation. Years went by and it seemed the project died. Now they are be released in quick succession. 

I see Ricky in that pic of Sam. I think his other 3 children look more like their mother Kris Harmon Nelson's side of the family. At one point Kris brother Mark Harmon and wife Pam Dawber were raising him. 

• Members

You're welcome.

The new transfers do look great. I was recently watching an episode on Amazon Prime.

Sam does look a lot like Rick. His twin brothers are the group Nelson.

Rick Nelson was married to Mark Harmon sister at one point in his life.

Please register in order to view this content