Virus on SON

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Webmaster

I did some investigating while awaiting your response, and it appears that when our SSL certificate is up for renewal every few months (the lock in your address bar; not me paying a renewal fee, just the certificate updating via a 3rd party provider), not all browsers will update with the new SSL certificate information which from a user standpoint might cause some visitors to be warned that our website is vulnerable to possible viruses.

Cloudflare, which handles our SSL certification and has done so for years, I believe, recently addressed this issue and is currently putting out a fix throughout its network to prevent something like this.

That being said, please send an email in the future instead of posting on the message boards. We're actively working on a new help section that will combine support services for both the SON Community and the website that will also be available to alert us of such matters.