Destructive Couple Pairings on Soaps

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Does anyone else think Holden and Lily apply here?  I started ATWT in the late 90’s, and I think the show would have better if they had moved on from them.  I found them impossible to root for as a couple.  I have now seen plenty of their earlier run, and I still feel the same way.

• Members

In a way yes and no. I think if Holden and Lily had stayed in more supportive roles they would have been fine long term. In a way the couple was usually self-destructive. Holden became such a boring leading man and his various affairs were usually boring and/offensive themselves. I guess that’s why I enjoyed Lily’s not-Holden relationships a lot more i.e. Damian, Dusty. 

Similarly, Tom and Margo came very close to self-destructiveness in the late 90’s with the amount of toxicity in their marriage from 1996-2000 thankfully the show took a step back from that for awhile, although their airtime was reduced. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Could Phillip and Beth count from Guiding Light?

Josh/Reva on GL were eating up that show to a point where I didn’t even gave a damn about them.

Ethan & Theresa on Passions! How many characters were destroyed/ruined/sacrificed/dumbed down just to tell their Lovestory? Like seriously.. 

Edited by AMCOLTLLover