B&B November 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yea I mean I think objectively she’s prettier than say kim/Jacqui but she lacks that charm and sex appeal they possess, her acting is cool, I mean is not great but I wouldn’t say the current actresses are better. She js lacks that charisma, say Jacqui kimberlin etc has, again I think she would thrive more in another role. But as Hope, eh.

• Members

I mean she’s a decent actress.  She may not be charismatic and soapy like Jacqui, but she can act for bold standards. Objectively she’s a stronger actress than most of the women actresses in the cast, except Heather. And her and Jacqui is kinda interchangeable for me, but I use to say it went Heather>Rena>Annika. I think her in the Hope role though hasn’t rly made an impact. Tanner is an ok actor. 

Edited by Soapfan8

• Members

I think Annika is a decent actress, but I still do miss Kim Matula's Hope because it seemed, especially in the last year or two, that when she was on screen, Hope had become stronger in terms of personality, which seemed more Kim's input than the writing suggested. I still remember when she took that golf club through Bill's house.

Though when it comes to Annika, it seems like when she came back, she all of a sudden became this "bohemian heroine," which Hope wasn't before. Not to mention they make Hope sound overly passive at times; she should be firm when it comes to Liam and Thomas, not to mention Steffy. Though I believe that is a problem with the writing rather than the acting. 

• Members

Annika seems like a natural for the Hope role personality wise, but I do agree the previous Hope was a bit stronger. She is pretty but the way she dresses is too bohemian. Certain days it's almost as if she's dressed like a five-year-old who dressed herself for school. With better styling Annika would do well.

• Members

Thomas did something that nobody but the viewers knew about (until Douglas figured it out)....  

Thomas made an anonymous phonecall to CPS (Child Protective Services) claiming that Thomas was a danger to Douglas, and the reason was Thomas waving the apple knife around threateningly, or something like that.

There is voice-changing app which is a fun toy thing on Douglas' phone.

Thomas used that voice-changing-device-toy to change Thomas' voice into Brooke's voice, and made a recording.  He apparently set things up so that if CPS checked their records for a recording of the phonecall, they would listen and hear Brooke's voice. 

Thomas set it up to make it look like Brooke reported him. Then Ridge and Thomas asked a friend who works for CPS to tell them who made the anonymous phonecall.  CPS isn't allowed to disclose who makes reports, but this employee broke the rules and played the recording for Ridge and Thomas, which had Brooke's voice.

Thomas did this to make Brooke look bad to Ridge or something.  Ridge tells himself the rationale that he cannot tell Brooke that he got the CPS employee to play the recording -- because that could cause the CPS employee to lose his job.  Nobody but Ridge, Thomas, and the CPS employee know about the recording.

Ridge got mad at Brooke and demanded that she confess what she did.  But of course Ridge didn't tell Brooke what he thinks she did. He simply said "I know what you did and I demand that you confess it" or something like that.  Brooke has no clue what this about (STUPID STORYLINE) -- so of course she can't confess to whatever it is.   Brooke wouldn't/couldn't tell Ridge anything, so Ridge got mad at her, and then Ridge broke up with Brooke and slept with Taylor.

A couple of episodes ago, Ridge told Eric and Steffy and Taylor that Brooke reported Thomas to CPS. But he didn't tell them he listened to the recording.  And Brooke *STILL* doesn't know that Ridge thinks she did this.  Brooke still has no clue why Ridge dumped her.

And for weeks, nobody but the viewers knew that Thomas engineered the whole mess.

Last week, Douglas figured out how to restore everything to his phone.  Douglas immediately figured out exactly what Thomas had done.

Nine-year-old Douglas is smarter than all the other characters on the show.

Douglas figured it out and confronted Thomas with the truth in the November 14th episode.  Thomas told Douglas to keep his mouth shut.

---------------------------------------------------

Today November 21, Douglas decided to tell Steffy everything and he plays back the recording on the app (altered and unaltered versions) to her.

If you can't see the youtube, here is some of that clip on twitter:

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Oh, Jesus. You mean to tell me that Thomas is not able to get the app at the Apple Store or Google Play, but he decides to use Douglas's phone instead? To me, this is where Thomas being a dumb ass begins. I read the whole synopsis and 85% of it I already knew. So, is this a special underground app that only the best of computer hackers can retrieve?  

Please register in order to view this content

Actually, is there an app like this in real-life? Oh, I'm just asking for a friend. I mean, it's not me or anything, you know? Rest assured.

Edited by Noel

• Members

Yes the storyline is ridiculous!

I don't think it was Brad Bell's intent was to show that Douglas is the only character with any brains or ingenuity.

But that's certainly what's been demonstrated.

A few years ago, when Douglas was much younger, Douglas figured out that Steffy had inadvertently adopted kidnapped Beth.    (Thomas had become aware of the baby switch for a long time, but had kept silent because he liked that the supposed "death" of Beth had disrupted the Liam/Hope marriage).
When Douglas figured it out, he kept telling people "Phoebe is Beth" until somebody listened.  Thomas was really angry at Douglas for doing that.

I thought the Douglas/Steffy scenes yesterday were very moving because of that.  Steffy *knows* that Douglas is worth listening to.

Edited by janea4old