Amped-Up Comebacks

• Members

I think they've lost the plot on Kristen regardless of who plays her. I thought Haiduk was very good during her first stint as both Kristen and Susan, but they brought her in with that psychotic energy and it's basically ONLY been that since (aside from that weird period right before the time jump where she was pregnant and suddenly embraced by everyone). I do think Eileen would make some more reserved choices, but the character HAS been manic for years -- she's essentially been a deranged fugitive since the moment Eileen played her for that quick, quick scene in 2017, and all she has done since is commit crimes and go on the run. I get why the character is the way she is, considering what's been written for her, but she's at Dr. Evil levels of cackling villainy at this point. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not really, honestly? I mean, she wasn't bad, and it was fun to see her as Kristen, but that whole portrayal didn't really fit into Kristen's narrative at the time (Why was she after the Peacock? They never explained that), and it was more about "Eileen Davidson playing a glamorous, bitchy character so she could re-enact that Real Housewives scene with Lisa Rinna."

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Please register in order to view this content

Oh. You're talking about Beyond Salem? Yeah, I haven't been paying much attention to these silly little chapters. I'm like you as it's always good to see The Queen, but that whole Peacock crap was just silly.

• Members

No, the BS fictional universe & the mother ship fictional universe are not even aligned, it's true. So, I'll just have to take your reply for being amusing as it is. I think I just want to have a better Kristen & am sick & tired of the one we have. And I don't do RH so I have to let others get those jollies. SH's Kristen could be killed by the GH Hook & I'd be good with it.

• Members

Victoria Rowell's second run had extra flourishes. I liked the matured version she played of Dru between 94ish - 98. Early streets Dru was alright aswell. When she came back in 2002 her performance was enjoyable but noticably more campy. There were shades of Michelle Staffords camp in her acting then.