Amped-Up Comebacks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Awww thank you. While I was more an ABC watcher than an NBC, I was always fascinated with ED during her first run as Kristen and her slow descent into evil. And she ran with it soooooooo well for someone who did not normally play evil. But she always found the humanity in Kristen and it really resonated. So I always hoped and prayed someday she would return. And never thought she EVER would. But those promos got me excited and I remember seeing the scene....mmmmmmmmmm...she had me from as soon as she walked into frame. The power of a goddess.   LOVE those pictures. 

Looking forward to her scenes with TSJ Tucker on Y&R

Meh. Courtney. lol. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

The only downside is that she has ruined me for DOOL using Stacy. I tried to like her Kristen & it just was not meant to be. Every time someone says "revisit" something from DOOL's past I squeak out "Kristen & her 5 siblings unless one is going to stay dead." (Penelope's dead, I think.) And, Thomas was a whole new man on Beyond Salem 2!

• Members

I have to be honest, Courtney did not bother me in real time while Brenda's return was airing, but in rewatch I think she takes up so much time.  

It reminds of the plane flight Jason/Brenda take to the DR to get a quickie divorce and Brenda's freaking out about flying and asks Jason about Courtney and Jason says she's funny.

And Brenda says hilariously, "She doesn't look like she's funny"

Truer words were never spoken, B.......

• Members

Oh, that's a good one, too!!! I remember they advertised, counting down to this promo. That music. The 'remember me?' Her laugh. It was perfection. And I felt it was a well done re-entrance, slowly built up on the show by Lauren's lingering fears and us getting to see a grown-up Scotty. And then what we thought was a no one character that Scotty was talking about...only for KB to come around that corner. Hmmm. 

Speaking of...

I totally understand. I think SH is a good actress. And there has been a few times she has captured a bit of Kristen (and they usually dressed as well as they dressed ED as Kristen), but it is not the same.

It's funny for me as I've grown older how much I now liked Jason/Brenda together. Originally they did annoy me as much as they did each other.

Courtney will always be sour for me because while she started off well once they got into Jason/Liz...she became...meh. lol. 

Same.

There were too many times...while I was happy to see her back...that I just felt she would have wiped the floor with Carly rather than let her try to interfere with the wedding or blackmail whatsoever. Brenda bowed down to NO bitca. 

So her back for the 50th was a return to form and while silly, her and Carly were on even playing ground. 

Though I loved that each writing regime always kept the running joke of Brenda calling Carly 'That Girl' 'That Woman' etc. She NEVER called her by her name. You know there's hatred when you do that. It was shady, bitchy, and diva, but still something I felt she would totally do. 

• Members

I loved Jason/Brenda from the beginning, but I always liked Jason/Brenda even in the 90's when they were horrible to one another.  I always felt there was a little something there between them even when they 'hated' each other.

Yeah, it was strange writing to have Carly constantly one upping Brenda.  Brenda had never paid her much mind previously and would have no problem at least verbally owning Carly, but Brenda always backed down.  I understand why the show felt the need to keep Carly as the #1 girl, but it didn't really fit how Brenda/Carly would interact.   The whole Carly/Brenda rivalry could have been so much more entertaining if they let Brenda have a backbone.  I think the idea was for Brenda to be calmer and zen as she grew up, but it read dull and sad instead. Sidenote- I always laugh when Carly calls Brenda as shallow as a mud puddle.  That phrase just cracks me up for some reason.

I get your feelings on Liz/Jason being ruined by Courtney/Jason, but I always assumed the intention was to go there with Jason/Brenda and Courtney being dumped, so I was better off with Courtney getting hurt over Liz.  And I did like early Liz/Ric lol.

• Members

When Stacy is playing Kristen I find myself questioning her acting choices. She is manic so often & Kristen has no reason to be manic at all! ED would be pacing those words & putting emphasis on them as she went. Part of it is in the writing. RonC's crew writes Kristen as almost omnipotent or something. No matter what she does, she ends up getting away with it! And I don't think of Kristen as that kind of uber-villain. To be totally fair I think she nails Susan Banks!

Please register in order to view this content