Beyond Salem Chapter 2 Discussion Thread

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Jason47 posted on his facebook today about the set where Megan "died" . 
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0DvpDpvGEVZSqkhg9xKdXu57avqtqfDASDBnTJMtYruEm1W2cxthHUhi3Gg6YwSnXl&id=100063892362234
This the non-spoiler thread, so I will say only that something in tomorrow Tuesday July 12 episode might remind viewers of someone/something from that place.

• Members

This was cute. I really enjoy the intention and the history-loving energy they having going -- I just wish they'd scale back on the inside joke stuff by 50% or so. 

Megan's re-entrance, for a relatively nothing character who has not been mentioned in a meaningful way in almost 40 years, was pretty well done!

• Members

That was fine. They're all fine in isolation. I just feel like they club us over the head with them, and I was watching with my fiancé, who soaks up a lot of Days because of me but isn't a fan, and those things almost always strike him as weird little moments that take him out of the narrative if he's gotten into it. I think a few are fun, for sure, but they sometimes create entire scenes out of them when a quick throwaway line would work.

Also the new Joey... is kind of hot? Wasn't expecting that.

• Members

Well, then, okay, I'm sorry that they overdo it! Nobody likes to be overstimulated in certain ways. And, too much of good thing, well, it's still too  much! Hope you can shake it off!

Please register in order to view this content

Yeah, I thought Joey is a nice looking lad. Good voice, too.

Your fiance' has my sympathies. Sitting through their stories with our loved ones can be trying, I believe.

My favorite line of the day was when Steve asked John WHAT is that in your hair?! Just the way John said GLITTER brooked NO teasing, like Glitter, wanna make something of it?!

• Members

I liked the living room furniture in Tripp's apartment as well as the actress who's playing the role of Stephanie. It's weird how a little fire that came out of a pizza box could do that much facial damage to Stephanie making her look like a Thundercat while it leaves Steve, Kayla, Tripp, and Joey unscathed. Also, Kayla didn't seem at all bothered that her husband has been kidnapped, lol! 

Please register in order to view this content

Perhaps we'll see some grief now that Stephanie has woken up from the hospital bed.

Was the living room table in Paul's apartment made out of cardboard? That had to be the most flimsiest kind of material I've seen in a long time. Paul should invite John to Folsom Street Fair in September for some lovely festivities. John and Paul's clean-up party seemed kind of like Jack and Grace's good ol' fashioned "Folding Party" on Will & Grace (S05E21 - Dolls and Dolls). Although the physical altercation between Paul and Harris Michaels was a little cheesy, I still had to bare in mind the set is small, but why did Paul have to check on John like that? Dude. Seriously. It's a Michael Myers opportunity just waiting to happen, but you're getting clocked over the head by a light-weight kegger instead.  

It's nice to know that televisions are in heaven for entertainment. I've always been wondering about that. It's very reassuring to know as we spy on our loved ones while they privately masturbate on Earth. No, but is angel Bo supposed be a "rebel" or a "misfit toy" in heaven? And if we're seeing angel Bo, then where's angel Zack? I know angel Zack has made some brief appearances in 2008 and 2016. However, I think I already see the predictable direction of where this is going minus the masturbation. I keep forgetting that Peter Reckell is 5'3". I would love to see him in a scene with Dan Feuerriegel. 

And I'm so sorry, but I'm confused about the one-year thing. Could someone help me out as to why I'm having such confusion? I know we were one year ahead when Jennifer woke up from her coma, but I don't remember the outcome of that one-year ahead storyline. Well, I guess we're still one-year ahead, right? But, when Harris Michaels shot the two dudes on an inflatable boat, that occurred one-year ago on the Mediterranean? So, did we immediately jump into the present when Hope met Ciara, Ben, and baby Bo on the Montreal loading docks? Also, in a stretch of two-days, I do find it weird how baby Bo jumped from a newborn to a 1-Year old? No. 4 to 6 or 7 to 9 month old baby? I'm confused to this timeline. Wait. We have to be in the present because when John was talking to MarDevil on the phone, he wished Lucas and Sami the best on their wedding day.

Last but certainly not least, how does one travel on a boat from Salem, U.S.A. to Montreal, Canada? Do you go from Lake Michigan to Lake Huron? Then, from Lake Huron to Lake Erie? Oh, I see. There's the Welland Canal that takes you from Lake Erie to Lake Ontario. Then at the end of Lake Ontario, the water current flows upstream to Montreal. Okay. I got it. But, baby Bo don't grow up fast like that. It's not like Ben and Ciara were sailing the Orient.

Edited by Noel

• Members

Of course! And, I'm spreading the seeder love. So far, 14 leechers are trying to download episode one. I believe in the fruitful love of giving. Oh, you're right about another episode. I just didn't know if Peacock was releasing the episodes on a weekly or daily basis.

Edited by Noel

• Members

I'm not downloading so I have no seeding & no leeching. I'm just streaming with a dose of binging in for good measure.

It is interesting that heaven has the same tech as earth! I bet they get the best prices.

Is Loretta Devine an award winner? She seemed out of place to me. And, isn't it just really inconsiderate for Sami & Lucas to wed today when we're all so busy?! I don't know what to think about Lucas confessing instead of just keeping his blackout drunk to himself! Maybe his guilt is not enough to sustain him. Is Peter Reckell really 5'3"?