Y&R April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

So painfully true.  And - like you said, @Paul Raven - the rare actors and characters who do "pop" get dropped.

But, after seeing a mother and child interact at Chancellor Park, Amanda calls Devon on her cell, leaving a message on his voicemail that she's changed her mind and wants to talk things over with him...only to be surprised by the Genoa City Slasher, who fatally stabs her in the chest.

(I'm kidding.  I think your Nate/Amanda/Imani idea has promise.)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Re: Khan’s idea of the Genoa City Slasher. I think the slasher should be Crystal, the lady in the green dress who works at Grand Phoenix. It’s revealed her she despises Phyllis as a boss and she is disgusted by the arrogance of GC so they had to die.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

LMAO that reminds me of that false spoiler some troll posted a while back in the spoiler forum about Esther keeping Katherine on ice complete with pictures

But yeah JG would definitely bungle such a story. We’d probably be told about a character getting murdered as opposed to seeing it happen on screen. 

• Members

Out of 25 years, I believe Bell did three “back from the dead” stories but the thing about Katherine and Victor’s “deaths” is we the audience knew they were alive and well for the whole duration of the story. With Sheila, we saw the setup for the meter reader show up to annoy Sheila so it made sense on screen.

Since Bell left, we’ve dealt with Malcolm, Phillip III, Sharon, Adam times 4, Patty, Chloe, and now Diane all having back from the dead stories. 

• Members

In 25 years Bill Bell did one 'doppelganger' story with Marge impersonating Katherine.

And one twin 'double' story Blade and Rick.

Post Bell there was Sheila/Phyllis, Jack/Marco, Will/Jeffrey, Cassie/Mariah, Hilary/Amanda,Cane/Caleb, John/Alastair, Carmen/Ines and probably others I've forgotten.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Of all the Post-Bell Back From the Great Beyond Storylines, the one that struck me as the most egregious was Phillip.  That was horrible.  The whole time it was playing out on-screen, I noticed that neither Jill nor Kay never hugged him, stroked his face lovingly, nor had a moving conversation with him.  They lectured him a LOT for tricking them (understandably), but they never showed him any affection whatsoever, and they never seemed genuinely relieved that he was alive.  After all the years they spent fighting over him, and all the years they spent hovering over him and catering to him, he got a couple of stern lectures from them about playing dead, and then he moved on to another continent.  No emotion. 

SURELY there was a way for Maria Arena to expose Cane Ashby as a hoax and imposter, without going the extra mile of resurrecting Phillip for -- nothing! -- except a short-term stupid storyline with no emotional impact at all.   

• Members

Emily/Patty and Sarah/Lauren were separate doppelgänger storylines running simultaneously in 2010.  (both via plastic surgery)

Justin Hartley's Adam had plastic surgery to look like the dead Gabriel Bingham.  Apparently Mark Grossman's Adam still looks like Gabriel Bingham.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

And the notion that he did all this... broke all their hearts... let his son grow up without a father, enduring what HE had so suffered as a child... because he was scared to come out? I don't care that it was the late 80s, this just was stupid and another example of "we will have out gay actors on the show now but they can only play gay" (see what they did to Craig on Days).

And all that not to never use him again. I know TB is complicated but they knew that when they came up with that dumb story.

Talking of TB just two days ago, while killing time with YT recommendations of old YR videos, I had the most random spotting of him in the comments of an old YR promo about Leanna?
And recently posted too! So random

Edited by FrenchBug82