Mitchell Ryan (AMC, GH) has Died

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Deadline write up must have been done by a Santa Barbara fan, because his brief role as Anthony Tonnell was mentioned (and a blurb about Dark Shadows in addition to his prime time and movie roles [namely, McAllister, one cold-ass villain in the original Lethal Weapon film!]) but absolutely no mention of All My Children.

Loved both SB and AMC, but I thought it was odd.

May Mitchell Ryan RIP!

• Members

Mitchell Ryan was a stalwart presence in TV and film, often in the most thankless roles, for generations. I first knew of him from a ton of genre film, but later when I became more acquainted with the first, more intelligent and atmospheric year of Dark Shadows, his force of presence and magnetism was irresistible. OLTL's Anthony George, who replaced him on DS due to Ryan's issues with alcohol, was a decent, resolute man, but Ryan's Burke Devlin had danger, passion and untold depths. It might have been inevitable that he left the show, because the Burke that Ryan created and the writers built could not have been bowled over by an immortal vampire or any other villain so easily.

I knew him better for his tons of other roles, but he's a legend no matter where you find him. RIP.