Days of Our Lives: March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I really feel like MM is a lovely person.  I feel bad I hate Belle so much.

I definitely have this VHS somewhere as well.  Which is great, but I haven't owned a VCR in 15 years.  I wish this was available for free so the masses could enjoy it.

Wasn't this divorce super messy?  Like he was openly on a dating website while still married?  I feel like 7000 on makeup is reasonable lol.  Didn't Deidre sue her fan club president too?  What an icon.

• Members

Yes, but it wasn't all Days fault.  The Cruise of Deception was really good.  They lost quite a few cast members back then and it was a rough transition from 80's supercouples to the 90's.  The Tale of 2 Romans was awful and unpopular and the show became very Carly focused.  I think 1992 was worse than 1991 with the awful Roman/Mrs. Doubtfire undercover story, The Bo recast transition, Kayla/Shane, PP's issues, John's wonky ass jewelry thief past, Jack/Jennifer being swindled by a con artist, Michael Easton as the new hero etc.  Once they killed off Isabella the show starting getting a lot better.  When the show starts moving toward the affair it's golden.  They got CC back as Carrie, aged Sami, brought on Austin/Billie, introduced Kate and re-cast Laura-the show was fantastic by 1993.

I know you've said that before lol, but I can't remember why you dislike her.  I make fun of MM/Belle all the time so I was trying to say something nice lol.  

• Members

No idea what she's like in real life, but as an actor, she would benefit from not being on a show that brings out the worst qualities in actors. The thing is, you have actors on soaps that are good despite the material, so why is it so difficult for most of them, even really good ones, to transcend the material? Is it an issue of training? Like a classical musician who can't play anything that's not clearly written out on a sheet vs. one who can improvise freely with no written music?

• Members

So let me get this straight...

Marlena is knocked out in the cabin and the devil stays inside of her yet when Belle gets knocked out the devil is able to jump back into Johnny...yeah right.

And Carson Boatman acting in this possession story has been horrendous!

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I have always felt MM was miscast as Belle.  Outside from looking like Deidre Hall-she brings nothing to the table.  She acted like she was 45 when she was 25.   I think she's an okay actress, but I think multiple shows struggle with casting a supercouple kid.  They are rarely as good as their parents.

1993 is really great.  1991 has a ton of problems, but it's still more watchable than 1992.  Nothing really happens in 1992.  Literally the show doesn't get going again until Marlena gets thrown in a pit.

• Members

I actually am intrigued with what you get.  Maybe it's a signed copy of Never Say Never? Anyone part of the Dee Hall fan club on this board?  I am pretty sure this was just a hardball tactic to get money from her ex because he didn't want to pay her at all IIRC.

Eric wasn't answering the phone......that's not a joke.  That was the literal excuse.