Greatest Time Period/Era for each soap

• Members

I can’t speak for everyone but I think it’s because a lot of people didn’t like seeing Nick and Sharon dominate the show from Summer/fall 1994-1996? I guess also because 96-97 in particular seemed to have a lot of laziness in some of the plotting which seemed to be because of Bill Bells increasing sickness. Still anything in those days is still miles ahead of the writing we started to get when LML etc…took over that’s still being plagued on the show today.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I can only say the stats which are that people rarely live ten years beyond symptoms developing or becoming noticed. This means around 94/95 would be the point Bell might have started becoming more affected. 

I do think he was HW of the show until 1997 and then shared duties with Kay Alden until 1998.

He was still the Senior Exec Producer and a Senior Story Consultant after that. How long he was contributing though, my guess is a couple of years after he stepped down as HW.