Men of Weho - coming to Crackle 1/20/22

• Members

https://www.menofweho.com/trailer

While I appreciate representation, this trailer contains most of my reality show pet peeves.

1.  Reducing a community to a log line; e.g. Weho is the coolest town in America and everyone here loves to party.  Oh really, what about the large Russian immigrant community of West Hollywood, are they partying at clubs?  And what of the income disparity in West Hollywood?  Or the large senior community that exists?  No place is so simple that it can be reduced to a five word descriptor.

2. A cast member saying, "at the end of the day we're all family" when in reality they are a variety of people cast to be together on a show that probably won't have each other phone numbers in five years.  Also, I don't want or know a family filled with strife and drink throwing.

3. All fights, no fun - to me it just looks scary to see strong men physically attacking each other.  I mean the optics are different when a middle aged woman throws a drink, versus a twenty year old man, it is just more threatening and fueled by anger

4. People with no viable means of income - an audience is hip to reality stars who are desperate for a check because they are always the one's who claim to be famous but have no actual clout or status.  Just once I'd like a show where they flash the cast's credit scores and tax returns rather than their self-appointed titles.

Finally, I have nothing against the Human-Ken-doll, however it is odd that there is more than one reality star claiming that title.  And, regardless of whether or not his surgeries have enhanced his appearance, it looks painful to me (which is also how I feel about ballerinas dancing in toe shoes) so it kills the aesthetic appreciation.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic