• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Based on what I've seen lately.

GH- B Watched some episodes on Hulu and it seemed pretty solid. The Nina/Sonny post-amnesia stuff is classic soap.

Days- C+ Lackluster execution overall.

Y/R- D- seems like nothing ever happens under JG.

B/B- F. Second verse, same as the first: TRASH.

• Members

Currently:

1 GH C  good: it has the most action, gives the most effort of all the soaps on the air; bad: has a bloated cast , stupid sci-fi elements to storylines, confusing retcons, great sets but cheap production value

2 DAYS (I barely watch) C- poor production value

3 B&B D+ poor writing, overly fast paced plots, repetitive dialouge

4 Y&R F BORING, lifeless, uneventful, stale

Edited by ironlion

• Members

DAYS and GH: C+

Both shows have glaring problems, but overall I find each entertaining in their own way. 

B&B: D+

Y&R: F When you have me longing for the days of Mal Young, you've failed as a writer. JG is obsessed over writing about events that did not occur on screen, and not properly resolving stories. 

• Members

I wish I were happy with GH, as it has many of the ingredients to be good, but I find it a frustrating, disjointed, misguided, deeply unsatisfying show that could theoretically be decent but chooses not to be. None of these shows have the momentum for me to “tune in tomorrow.”

I’m waiting for the next crop of streaming soaps or for the existing network shows to move to streaming permanently.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Days’ ambition is greater than what its current scale can support, but it’s still mostly watchable and often fun: C+

GH is really hit or miss but, like Days, when it works it WORKS: C+

B&B and Y&R are borderline unwatchable shells of their past heights: D- 

• Members

US Soaps:

GH: C... When it's good it is really good and THE BEST SOAP to tune in tomorrow... but when it's bad.. it's unwatchable.

Days: D... I really love Days. Always have.. I even thought 2020-21 was really fire with the Charlie Dale story but with the murder story and all those loose ends it became so boring. It has such a great cast and a lot of good ideas but sometimes it doesn't really make sense and doesn't really fit... And don't get me started on that stupid MarDevil story. I know people find it entertaining and funny and blah blah blah.. But it's just an unwatchable mess.

Y&R: D.. It ain't that bad like people make it out to be these days.. But something's missing for me.

B&B: F... i was a hardcore fan of B&B from 1987 until like 2011/12. The repeatitive nature of the show ain't even an issue for me but i just can't deal with that show anymore these days on a permanent basis. It could be so much more if that Bell guy just gave it up..

UK Soaps:

Emmerdale: C..The cast is too loaded and that causes  for too many storylines at once but overall it is a good show.

Hollyoaks: C... Its not bad but not worth watching on a daily.

Coronation Street: D.. Kinda boring.. It's not as special as people make it out to be.

Casualty/Holby City: D.. Bland..

EastEnders: A BIG F HERE! That show was one of my favorites when i was a teen and even in my early 20's.. But damn did the writers wrote that show into the ground. I wouldn't even be upset if they cancelled it tomorrow! Sorry not sorry.

BBC's Doctors: F... I've tried to get into this show during Lockdown and this is the most boring Soap ever created in history. Like nothing's ever happening.. Like really. NOTHING is happening.

German Soaps:

Sturm der Liebe: B.. I love that show. It has some dragging parts in it and some repeatitive themes but overall a pretty good show.

Rote Rosen: C.. It was a B and one of my favorites for 15 years.. But they fired the longest running cast member who was there since the beginning.. That ruined it for me.

Gzsz: C.. It's alright.. But became quiet boring. There are some great storys here and there but that's it.

Alles was Zählt: D. Wasn't a fan. I have watched it serval months over serval years but it never grabbed me for the long run.

Unter Uns: F! Another show that should've ended YEARS AGO! This show is the best example how to turn a fun family soap into a whole mess that no one cares for anymore.  They have tried it serval times to shake things up but it never sticked.. They should just end it.

Aussie/NZ

Shortland Street; B.. Fun little soap.

Home and Away: C.. I love HAA but those cast shake ups are getting old pretty fast.

Neighbours: F.. This is a show that should've ended years ago. This show feels like it's on life support and it's not really entertaining. I gave up on it when Paul bribed that Nicolette out of town with that Baby. Such boring storyline

Edited by AMCOLTLLover