Soap Alums Chandler Massey, Lyndsy Fonseca and Erika Slezak Star in Hallmark Channel’s ‘Next Stop, Christmas’

Errol

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was going to start a discussion thread about the movie but I'm afraid it would get lost in the Primetime thread.

I really loved the movie. It took me just a while to see what the major plot point was going to be.  Ben vs Tyler and the mistake Angie made in the past. Angie was so clueless about Ben's feelings toward her and not noticing Ben's note. There is no way I'd chose Tyler over Ben.

If I had to nitpick the movie it would be more of Erika in it.

Let's hope we get more Hallmark movies featuring Chandler Massey, Lyndsy Fonseca and Erika Slezak.

• Members

Next Stop Christmas was a hit!

The movie had more total viewers than any other show on Primetime Broadcast ..(ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox) on Saturday night.

The show ranked #2 in total viewers in cable tv(ratings). 

LSU vs Alabama was #1 on ESPN.

Actual numbers coming soon.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Total Viewers: 2,785,000 million viewers

If I were in charge of Y&R, I would try my darndest to get Fonseca on, for even a months-long story arc, and not as a ghost or a twin either. Try and get Thad for an overlapping arc as well. Josh is not up to the task but in the right hands, could be a good ole fashioned sweeps-worthy storyline. 

Do soaps still do sweeps?

• Members
13 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

If I were in charge of Y&R, I would try my darndest to get Fonseca on, for even a months-long story arc, and not as a ghost or a twin either. Try and get Thad for an overlapping arc as well. Josh is not up to the task but in the right hands, could be a good ole fashioned sweeps-worthy storyline. 

Do soaps still do sweeps?

I was thinking the same thing. It's too bad that she isn't on Y&R anymore. Days would be smart to scoop her up if Y&R won't.

I miss sweeps months. They don't exist anymore.

With these numbers I'm sure we will see Fonseca and Chandler again in another movie on the Hallmark Channel.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Recent Posts

• I think she was let go. I think Barry was fine given how the character was used during her tenure; the problem is that Isabelle was written completely out of character because the show tried to turn her into Cabot. Hindsight is 20/20 of course, and I doubt the show knew when they let go of Wesley Addy that James Horan would be gone 6 months later, but I think the show would have been better served by having Clay go to prison for the cover up about the plane crash/the frame up of Trucker rather than have Cabot take the fall on his deathbed (or "deathbed," as it turned out). Have Curtis leave town afterwards, since the show never knew what to do with Albers' Curtis anyway, and then have Cabot bring him back to town in 1992 for the purpose of keeping Dinah Lee "occupied" as Trisha and Trucker deal with the fallout from his affair. He then falls in love with her in earnest, but then she finds out about the original set up and breaks up with him. Then bring Clay back, have him and Dinah Lee play out the "falling for each other without knowing each other's real identity" plot, and then launch the Curtis/Dinah Lee/Clay triangle.   Thanks. The naming of his characters is very weird to me. He comes on in February '93 as Fred Graham, the FBI agent investigating Ava and Dinah Lee for murder. Months later he turns up playing a cop named Charlie Martin and then about a month after that he's renamed Pat Graham, the name change made necessary by Geoffrey Ewing's debut as Charles Harrison in between those two appearances. I'm curious about the thought process that went into having him play a whole new character, presumably unrelated to the first, but with the same last name.
    • I do agree under RC is going to be a mess. But I all for Craig if he was in a relationship with a man. Men in their 50's, 60's and up are getting a lot more comfortable coming out and being themselves. Looks at Miranda on Sex and The City, she is around the same age range as Craig and finally coming to terms who they really are. However, with RC, don't feel confident, probably turn into trash as it could have become a great story. Why is it insulting? I don't think it is one bit. Older men and women are finally starting to feel comfortable coming to terms who they really are. We are seeing a lot of people in their 50's, 60's and beyond coming out. For decades they had to hide their sexuality, get married and have kids.  I think it would have been a great story, but not under RC. Whoever wrote when Will came out, would have been perfect. Look at Miranda on Sex and the City, she is finally coming to her terms and release who she really is.  In all honestly, it would be a great storyline if RC wasn't at the helm. Was that like half of the Lifetime movies back in the late 90's/early 00's lol. Step mother falls in love with stepson and plot to kill father. The actor who plays Nick Newman did a movie like that for Lifetime back in the day.
    • That's awesome!   Thanks for sharing! I'm guessing this was from one of the Y&R books released in the 90's? I liked how they included almost every character Past and Present when talking about that specific place. Even today I still like to believe the Brooks, Prentis, and even the Foster House still exist, but obviously occupied by new families or maybe even the offscreen long lost relatives like Brooks Prentis, or Jennifer Foster.  I've never heard of Kevin Andrews?    Haha the downtown area near where I live has a lot of "Chestnut" streets too! I think East Chestnut is one of them! Please register in order to view this content  
    • Flashbacks!!! Did Sheila & Deacon ever really interact back in the day? Feels weird calling 2002-03 back "the day" lol!  
  • On Soap Opera Network

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy