RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Members

I’ve already been broken up over Tom Parker’s death, and now to see that Helmut has passed…

Tom was my favorite in The Wanted - idk why, I just really loved his wild man vibe. I knew he was sick but I guess I didn’t realize the end was so near for him.

And Helmut…sigh. Erica had plenty husbands but Susan had Helmut and no one else. I honestly like to think that she willingly shared him with all of us. He was OUR husband. I will miss her Instagram videos of his cooking!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The cast is just crazy. How many shows could boast Susan Sullivan, Louise  Lasser, Marian Mercer, and Sheryl Lee Ralph? So many passed through the show. 

I always laugh at how they steadily got more and more covered up. The '80s in a nutshell.

That "making a living" version of the song does not work...

Edited by DRW50

• Members

The uniforms in the first season make absolutely no sense whatsoever.  Backless halter tops with clashing skirts?  Are these women servers, or are they hookers?  Well, "It's a Living"!

And you're right about the "Making a Living" version of the theme song not working.  Which is fitting, since I don't think Louise Lasser (God bless her) or Gail Edwards' Mary Tyler Moore hairdo worked on that show either, lol.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I suppose it it the last gasp of the jiggle network, which was also a big selling point for Ann Jillian at the time. It's so unbelievably trashy though. I always do a double take at Susan Sullivan, who has always been the epitome of class any time I have seen her, in that getup.

• Members

I’ve never seen It’s a Living, and I really want to. It definitely should have showed up on TV Land for a run or two in the early 2000s. Barrie Youngfellow is more recognizable to me for her appearance in one of my favorite Three’s Company episodes, “Triangle Troubles,” where she plays a classmate of Jack’s trying to hide the fact that she lives with two (hot af) guys.

• Members

As I wrote in the EE thread:

I know she had long moved on from the show, but it's almost impossible to separate her from my viewing experience and history with the show. She was a very complicated woman IRL and not easy to deal with for some (both on-screen and behind the scenes), but she was always committed to making Dot a standout, and we should be lucky we had such a long time with her. RIP