Soap Opera Digest's Best & Worst of 1987

• Members

Marland never won a writing Emmy for his work on ATWT. His only writing Emmys as a HW came from his work on GL (back to back in 1981 and 1982). He also won as a staff writer on Harding Lemay's AW team in 1975.  

Similarly, Elizabeth Hubbard never won for playing Lucinda despite nominations in 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, and 1999. I'd even say she was criminally robbed in some of these years. At least she has the distinction of winning the first ever Best Actress Daytime Emmy for her work on The Doctors though. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

WSB vs DVX I think.

Basically there was a storyline where Bobbie's step-daughter Terry Brock fell in love with Dusty, played by Shaun Cassidy. And the two started singing together. But Dusty had been brainwashed by the DVX or something and his song was the trigger. Everyone ended up at Mt Rushmore for their concert and I think Duke, Anna and Robert had to chase down a train with a nuclear bomb on board.

• Members

yes, that's correct. Elena was Dusty's 'friend' but was also an agent of the DVX.

And correction to my earlier post - the bomb on the train wasn't actually nuclear but it was set to detonate near an early warning nuclear weapons alert system. This would presumably  have triggered many nuclear weapons and caused world war 3.