The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I definitely saw members of the Twitter chattering classes who (weakly) tried to compare the situation to Al Franken’s downfall, saying that Democrats shouldn’t eat their own when Trump and other Republicans never faced consequences for their own allegations.

However, those weren’t establishment Dems. Most of them have been calling for Cuomo’s head. And rightfully so. Dude’s a thug. NY politics is beyond corrupt, and the Cuomo family is a huge part of that.

• Members

This is legitimately embarrassing from a longtime, well-respected publication. I guess it serves as a reminder of how painfully out of touch the Beltway remains, even if they try and try to forice the narrative of how if only Democrats had really wanted to work with Republicans, magic would have happened.

• Members

I do think that narrative is something the Beltway has tried and, according to polling and public reaction, failed to put over with the relief bill because they are always sympathizing with Republicans, even if IMO Josh Krashaaur and the National Journal are largely irrelevant and not wholly representative of the Beltway at large at this point.

I disagree with Hasan on any number of things, but this is a good interview and a very good point.

Edited by Vee