The 60th Grammy Thread

Soapsuds

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I’m enjoying this year’s Grammys for the first time in years. Lots of high energy performances: Rihanna/DJ Khaled/Bryson Tiller, Bruno/Cardi, Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee, Kendrick. Plus Pink’s vocals were on point, as were Donald Glover’s.

Disappointing and predictable that Alessia Cara beat SZA, but it could have been worse, and she had a charming speech.

• Members

Kendrick Lamar's performance was breathtaking.

Yes, the performances have been really good this year.  Strangely a lot of 90s nostalgia going on but I don't mind it.

Because I'm doing other things simultaneously and popping in to see the performances, I feel like the awards are secondary to the performances this year.  Or maybe I just don't care as much about the awards this year.

• Members

I don’t particularly think “Praying” is a good song, but Kesha’s performance with all those female artists was powerful, especially with the tearful group embrace at the end. People on Twitter are HEATED that she lost Pop Solo Performance to Ed Sheeran, who didn’t bother to show up.

The funny thing is that the nominees are relatively decent this year, but they go for the safest choices nearly without fail. SZA going 0 for 5? 

• Members

They did the same thing to India Arie about a decade ago, except India.Arie was nominated for eight awards. Not only that but they had her perform last that evening! I was so LIVID!  She handled it with so much class though.

Yeah Kesha really tried. It was more about the sentiment and the message.

• Members

It’s terrible. It’s total Spotifycore. So calculated and cynical.

Ugh. Shemar Moore is introducing SZA. I know he’s CBS talent, but he’s never NOT been embarrassing at an awards show.

EDIT: He was ok and didn’t say some stupid lascivious sh!t.

• Members

I thought he was super annoying, but that’s me. And then when he presented with Lucci later. She was so visibly uncomfortable with him. And of course when he won his Emmy and called his mom from the stage, and the audience had to sit there and wait for her to answer the phone... 

Please register in order to view this content

Looks like Kendrick is getting Bruno’d as expected.

Archived