Sign in to follow this  
KMan101

Classic TV

I've been watching Tarzan off and on this weekend on Decades and I'm in love! It's like a western but not. It makes me so happy when I can still find classic TV shows that I've never watched and enjoy them. In two weeks, they're doing Police Woman, which is another I've been wanting to see for a long, long time.

31 minutes ago, All My Shadows said:

I've been watching Tarzan off and on this weekend on Decades and I'm in love! It's like a western but not. It makes me so happy when I can still find classic TV shows that I've never watched and enjoy them. In two weeks, they're doing Police Woman, which is another I've been wanting to see for a long, long time.

I've already got the DVR set for Police Woman! lol. I've actually never seen it.

I meant to record/watch Tarzan. I forgot all about it. I try hard to keep up with the Decades marathons. They often have some good ones! Decades is what I wanted TV Land to be, somewhat (it kind of was with the retromercials and they did have some "rare" shows every now and then and I liked their weekend marathons and weekend "blocks"). I guess I should say instead that Decades reminds me a lot of how TV Land was and should have been.

Edited by KMan101

7 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

I've already got the DVR set for Police Woman! lol. I've actually never seen it.

I meant to record/watch Tarzan. I forgot all about it. I try hard to keep up with the Decades marathons. They often have some good ones! Decades is what I wanted TV Land to be, somewhat (it kind of was with the retromercials and they did have some "rare" shows every now and then and I liked their weekend marathons and weekend "blocks"). I guess I should say instead that Decades reminds me a lot of how TV Land was and should have been.

I'm enjoying it, mainly for the weekend binges. The weekday schedule leaves a lot to be desired, and I don't understand how/why the documentary stuff is still such a focus. Expanding the "Television Through the Decades" block to all day would be an obvious improvement. Or at least make that the theme for the daytime schedule and then have primetime be a microcosm of that. Something like:

7am-10am: 50s

10am-1pm: 60s

1pm-4pm: 70s

4pm-7pm: 80s

7pm-8pm: 50s

8pm-9pm: 60s

9pm-10pm: 70s

10pm-11pm: 80s

And then maybe do the weekend binges on rotation by decade. This weekend a 50s show, next weekend something from the 60s, on and on.

Still wish they let us know what the binges were ahead of time! I'm not interested in The Commish at all, and I've already made plans for next weekend :lol: I'm gonna be "sick" the following weekend for PW.

I don't mind the documentary stuff, I find it interesting. And I like they show things like Laugh-In and Dick Cavett and Ed Sullivan. I'm not actively watching any of it but I like it's on.

I imagine they'll expand the daytime lineup of shows. They didn't even have a regular daytime schedule until either earlier this year or late last year. The Through The Decades blocks of programming is very recent. So there's room to grow. I think it's a solid offering of shows. I can see them adding more or switching things up. I like they're airing things like Our Miss Brooks and Family Affair. The other shows have been played to death but I still like them. I'm not actively watching most at this point, but it's nice they're offered.

Agreed on the Weekend Binge idea. It seems all over the place with the marathons. Commish one weekend and Police Woman the next. I appreciate the idea of the blocks, seeing some shows not in regular lineups. 

Edited by KMan101

GOD IS GOOD!!!

The Weekend Binge two weeks from now is Family!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited! I have the first and second seasons on DVD and have been craving more of it for yeeeeeeears. KUDOS, DECADES! KUDOS!!!! I won't even care if they are dirty, edited syndicated prints, to be honest.