TNT's Claws

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I watched the premiere last night and loooooved it. Niecy Nash has been due a career defining part for a long time. She is a great actress - loved her in Getting On - and this is her "Alexis" or "JR Ewing" moment. The part seems tailor made for her. 

The show reminds me of British ITV television series like Daylight Robbery or Bad Girls or Footballer's Wives - it has this interesting mix of darkness and sharpness with lots of colour and humour and dingy glamour. 

• Members

This show will be the death of me!  I watched last night and it was great.  Uncle Daddy and his wife?  The way they communicate is one of the funniest things, and the actress plays the best meth head on tv.  She's not a meth head on this show (I guess that remains to be seen), but I know I'm going to enjoy her!  

Des can't catch a break and I hate that she's stuck with Virginia!  Uncle Daddy wants Virginia, and Des is trying to protect her, which says a lot about her character.  Nash is perfection!  

I'm really curious as to what will happen with Polly and those girls.  They are itching to get into some trouble.  

Uncle Daddy has been to too many black funerals!  Falling out like that?  I almost wet myself.  I'm pretty sure Jen will trip when she learns the cause of her brother in law's (Roller) death.  

Question for you guys.  Do you think Des should have let the other ladies in on this or is she protecting them?  

• Members

OK. I just caught up and this show is hilarious. I am surprised at Karruche and how she's bringing it with this show. I am glad that Nicey Nash is finally getting to be front and center and it is long awaited. 

I am still cracking up over that damn funeral and the strippers all over the place. This show is trashy goodness. 

• Members

The first scene of the episode had me cracking up. Virginia was just coming up with something out of her a**, and I can't believe that these people bought it for now. You can tell Desna wanted to smack the mess out of Virginia as she kept milking the story for all that it is worth. 

UncleDaddy employing Bryce was stupid. It is obvious that he does not possess the same mindset that he and Roller has. I just knew those pills were gonna be lifted off of them. 

OK ... so was Desna dreaming at the end of the episode or is Roller alive?

• Members

Y'all!  Two twists at the end?!  

Uncle Daddy aint chit, but I love him!  He knew Bryce was just dumb enough to fall for the worst seizure in the history of seizures.  I damn near died laughing.  I knew immediately he was about to do something stupid.  I didn't know that UD was setting him up tho.  

Roller is alive?!!!!!!!  If he is, that is one twist I can get behind and it has to be for the benefit of putting the screws to UD in the end.  

Can't wait for the next eppy!  

I don't believe she was dreaming (or at least I'm hoping she wasn't) because from what we've seen of Des, she could take or leave Roller.  So why would she be having THAT kind of dream about him?  If anything, she would be having nightmares because of the last time she saw him alive - he was beating her face in.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ok, so Roller is dead, huh?  

Gina Torres' appearance seemed a bit lackluster to me.  They didn't need her for that.  Could have paid a lot less for a smaller named actress and accomplished the same thing.  When I saw Gina, I thought it was going to be a grand scheme and high stakes but it was a little plot to get $15k?  What a waste!  

Uncle Daddy and his water ballet show?  WTF was that?  

• Members

I just watched the pilot and WHOA! Great stuff. Thrilling and entertaining from beginning to end. I love the cast. So many great actors I love (Nash, Norris, Preston, Reyes). They took so many great actors and put them in different roles. I mean, I never imagined seeing Judy Reyes as a butch lesbian security person. Dean Norris as a gay drug lord? (how ironic, considering on BREAKING BAD he was drug lords' worst nightmare!). That tall drink of water, Jack Kesy? I already feel bad for Desna. And that cliffhanger!