DAYS: Actor returning?

• Members

Oh, I don't believe Corday for a minute and killing off Will was always stupid even if the new actor didn't work. They should've just written him off the canvas for a while and then either gotten Massey or a new competent actor.

I guess it explains why Freddie Smith is back too.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unless Massey is suddenly much more comfortable with men and is going to pretend he isn't just there to cash a check, it's a waste of time. Or is he hoping they hook Will and Gabi up again, which was the only time he was in any way animated in his last 2 years on the show? Knowing the current state of DAYS, I wouldn't be shocked. 

If it's just as a vision, they're better off not bothering. If they need drive by smirking and shouting, turn the lighting down and hire Gary Busey. There isn't that much of a difference anyway.

• Members

Killing Will was a horrific mistake no matter who was in the role so I am glad they're most likely undoing it, which I mostly expected them to do given DAYS' relentless track record for [!@#$%^&*] up, walking it back and doing good and then walking it back. I don't expect much from the stories but I am glad if it happens.

• Members

I agree, but it's hard to even be as pleased as I should be because the whole thing was needless and it also gives me the impression they only care about Will if it's a certain actor in the role. I doubt Chandler is coming back for long if it's tied to Freddie also returning. With a better recast than Guy Wilson, Will could have driven story for years, but instead, he was murdered for no apparent reason, and will just be back long enough for an "oops, never mind." And the only gay character remaining on the show will probably be under five Paul. 

I guess it's better than nothing, but talk about crumbs.

• Members

Yeah, I honestly don't even care as long as they undo the death. I very rarely feel this way about soap stories, but this is like Stuart on AMC: just undo it however the hell you can. Get these actors in there for two episodes, explain how Will is alive, and send them off. Whatever. 

I do also think it's entirely possible that Corday is somehow now feeling some great remorse because Shawn/Belle/Philip Round 433497 isn't bringing the same hype that WilSon did. Like Vee says, they eventually double-back on everything.

• Members

Okay...? What am I bitter about? I've barely watched this show in almost fifteen years. I just watch DAYS keep [!@#$%^&*] up year after year, but you're excusing it over and over when it's obviously bad because... you think the new twinks are cute?

Either give me a substantive response to excuse everything people are finding wrong with this show - including, you know, dropping multiple storylines, exterminating the gays, and doing a revolving door of actors coming and going and coming back again because Ken Corday can't focus on a single strategy for this show for longer than ten minutes - or sit down.

• Members

I actually don't really give a damn about Lastovic and McClendon. Yeah, they are cute, and hell maybe I give them a pass because of that, but so what. I only watch because there's nothing else to see around 1PM, yeah the majority of the stories are total [!@#$%^&*], and yeah they fucked up royally by letting Freddie Smith go, firing Guy Wilson and doing nothing with Christopher Sean, but I still want to know what happens to these characters. Also,  what gives you the damn right, to bring me down and treat me like [!@#$%^&*], because I still like watching this show?

• Members

My problem is that you just admitted the show is a disaster but you still act shocked and outraged that everyone else has issues with the show. You answered your own question about why people still have these problems, so stop acting amazed and appalled. Just let people feel the way they feel and stop apologizing for the show.

Archived