DAYS: Countdown to August teaser update...

• Members
COUNTDOWN TO AUGUST TEASER...AND 50TH ANNIVERSARY WEEK NEWS!
11334151_583597715115840_482118484426397
"Days" fans are getting closer and closer to the beginning of the storylines from the new head writers, featuring the returns of many fan favorites. Look for the changes to begin in late August!
For those who have missed the headlines over the past few months, here's what "Days of Our Lives" fans can expect as the show nears its 50th anniversary in November. Molly Burnett's (Melanie) six-month return comes to a close next week; Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe) makes a brief return; and Melissa Archer (Serena), Paul Telfer (Xander) and Freddie Smith (Sonny) say farewell.
Beginning in late August and continuing thereafter, the storylines from new head writers Dena Higley and Josh Griffith are set to begin. Judi Evans (Adrienne) and Wally Kurth (Justin) are back on contract for the first time since 1991. Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) is also back on contract, just in time to welcome new cast member James Lastovic, who makes his debut as the now-teenaged Joey Johnson (son of Steve & Kayla). Camila Banus returns for a longer stay as Gabi, who is released from prison. Alison Sweeney (Sami) has also confirmed her return for later in the year. Thaao Penghlis is back on contract as the thought-to-be-dead Andre, and what trouble will this dastardly DiMera be up to this time around? Soap vet A Martinez make his "Days" debut in a yet-to-be-revealed role, with connections to several people in Salem. Jason Cook returns after a 9-year absence as Bo & Hope's son, Shawn Douglas Brady. And two of the most anticipated returns are set to happen around Labor Day: Stephen Nichols (Steve) and Peter Reckell (Bo) are back in action!
Look for additional casting announcements in the coming months.
Next week, "Days of Our Lives" will be taping the 50th anniversary week episodes, which will air the week of November 9 through November 13, 2015. Congratulations to the cast and crew of "Days" as they get ready to tape this momentous week of episodes and complete the taping of the first half century of over 12,700 episodes. Episode # 12714 will air on the show's 50th anniversary, Monday, November 9.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the ship has sailed on Vivian, sadly. I'd love to be wrong though.

I'm shocked we haven't heard about more returns. Maybe soon. Days is doing great with who's returning but it needs to be more. And how long are some of these stints, Jason? I can't imagine Alison sticking around for the forseeable future. Jason Cook's sounds short-term ... not complaining, just curious.

• Members

Getting rid of Daniel or Rafe would be too much to hope for, unfortunately.

Aside from Chloe/Gabi/Shawn (it might be nice to see him on a nostalgic level but that's it), the rest is the perfect way to get me to start watching Days again.

Poor Melissa Archer. Lord knows I don't want to defend RC (I have even more disdain for him than most of you guys) but he did a lot more for MA than Higley ever did on OLTL or DAYS. I'm shocked MA was even cast here since Higley clearly never liked her.

Archived