Petticoat Junction

SoapDope

• Members

Anyone here a fan ? I always thought it was a cute feel good show. Several actors from the series also did soaps. Mike Minor ( Steve) went on to play Brandon on AMC. Lori Saunders (Bobbie Jo) I read was on Y&R in the 70's. Linda Kaye Henning (Betty Jo) was on Capitol at some point I think. Mike and Linda who played married on the show went on to marry for real in 1968. They divorced in 1973.

I always liked the cottage that Steve and Betty Jo had. That old set looks more homey than some of the sets currently on daytime.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder what kind of a role she played on that show (good girl/bad girl) ? What was her role on Capitol ?

In the 80's LKH had a recurring role on The New Gidget starring Caryn Richman (Texas). She and her family were snobby rich well to do rivals of Gidget and her family. Madison Mason played her husband.Sydney Penny (AMC) played Gidget's niece Danni who was living with her and Moondoggie (Dean Butler of Little House).

A bunch of soap stars had guest roles on that show. Eva La Rue, Gregg Marx, Ken Olandt etc...

• Members

I was JUST thinking about this show this morning, specifically how it may have my favorite theme song of all of the Henning shows. It's also the show I've seen the least of. I adore Bea Benaderet, she's my favorite part of The Burns and Allen Show and was of course the best Betty Rubble ever.

• Members

I've always liked Petticoat Junction, but like SFK, I've seen it the least out of the three Hooterville shows. I think if I were able to watch it more regularly, I could grow to enjoy it more than TBH, but idk. The setting and slower pace always appealed to me, and that hilarious blues piano background music.

• Members

Martin Short was on Letterman a couple of years ago telling a story about him and his brother racing their model train around the track while singing the theme to Petticoat Junction.

That dog grabbing the petticoat and falling back into the water tank always cracks me up. I guess because a human is so obviously manipulating him.

Archived