David Gregory Fired and Chuck Todd Named His Replacement on MTP

Max

• Members

After many months of public rumors, NBC now confirms that Chuck Todd will replace David Gregory on MTP:

http://money.cnn.com/2014/08/14/media/meet-press-david-gregory-chuck-todd/index.html?iid=HP_LN&hpt=hp_t2

While Gregory sucked, NBC handled this whole situation in its typical, disastrous manner when it comes to personnel problems. It initially said it was fully supportive of Gregory, only to then backtrack and give some credence to the rumors (by issuing a "take them with a grain of salt" type of response). The network even hired a "psychological consultant" to analyze Gregory.

While Todd is an improvement, I am not a fan of his, either.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So GOP water-carrier Gregory is being replaced by Chuck "Both Sides Do It" Todd. Super...

I read the other day that Gregory has had talks with CNN. To me having both David Gregory and Jake Tapper would be totally redundant but I guess Jeff Zucker believes otherwise.

• Members

He was awful. Never had an interest in getting to the truth of an issue or forcing an honest response. All he did was bring on people to recite talking points and he would try to sell the republican line at any opportunity. I was not a huge Tim Russert fan to be honest and the way it went at Hillary in the debates back in 2008. Chuck Todd is an uninspired choice. He is to wrapped up in conventional thinking and not being a journalist. I think it may have been him who said it was not his job to get to the facts and correct lies.

All these tv interviewers suck. They all want to just bring in dueling talking points and give them both equal legitimacy. Edward R Murrow would not be impressed with what passes for TV news in 2014.

• Members

David Gregory was always a terrible choice. He has the charisma of a dead leaf and the only thing he was known for was making a fool of himself dancing as Karl Rove "rapped."

Chuck Todd is smarmy and empty, again no charisma, and he stinks of Beltway.

I'm starting to think it's time to end these shows.

• Members

Andrea Mitchell is just as bad as Todd. Her idea of an interview is to say "Mr Obama, some people say you should have invaded Syria. Were they right?" but she doesn't tell the audience the people saying that are professional Obama critics Sarah Palin and John McCain. Andrea Mitchell is not a journalist in any way anymore. she just goes on TV like all the others and asks guests to recite talking points.

i cannot think of a single person on TV who would ever dare ask a follow up catching a talking point in a lie. Anderson Cooper once in a while if the issue interests him maybe.

• Members

I agree. Holt is knowledgeable, personable (a la Charlie Rose) and has the gravitas for the political theme of the show.

Gregory was a poor choice but I think Todd is obnoxious. It may be a tad interesting though, to see Todd needle the likes of John McCain and then to see what happens from there.

Archived