Ratings from the 80's

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

ABOUT TO TYPE UP THE NIELSEN VERSION OF THE FIRST-EVER SOAP WEEKLY CHART FROM 10/16/89!

I just looked at the network press release charts that I posted on my site many years ago for Aug/Sep/Oct 1989. They all match exactly to the Nielsen books except for one item: The week of 9/25/89. YR is listed on the network release as 7.6/31. This must have been before the 1230-1PM portion of Monday 9/25 was classified as a breakout (only half the usual affiliates got this portion). So, taking that half hour out of YR upped its final official rating for the week to 7.8/32.

I am now typing up the Nielsen book version of the first-ever Soap Opera Weekly chart of 10/16/89, so I will update you if there are any differences as to what SOW has listed.

• Members
"DAYS" RATINGS: 1980-1989: HIGHEST-RATED WEEKS:

With the 1980's ratings charts nearing completion, I went ahead and put in the November and December 1989 "Days" ratings so I could start sorting the complete decade of ratings. This is a sample of what is now available for each soap for 1980's ratings fans:

Here are the top 200 highest-rated weeks for "Days of Our Lives" from 1980-1989: (Note: Weeks in red are "fast weekly" weeks and are only preliminary numbers. They do not count in the yearly averages for soaps)

1st to 50th place

Please register in order to view this content

51st to 100th place

101st to 150th place

151st to 200th place

"DAYS" HIGHEST-RATED WEEK IN THE 1980's:

Here's a look at the highest-rated week of "Days" in the 1980's, the week of 12/29/86-1/2/87, when it got an 8.9 rating:

Edited by JAS0N47