Ratings from the 80's

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Just gonna throw this out there (but it's actually for the 1990's)... would you happen to have available the Saturday morning pre-teen/teen shows of Saved By the Bell, California Dreams etc. in the 90's?  I'd be interested in seeing what kind of numbers those shows actually pulled in, especially considering they tried a short-lived primetime spinoff of SBTB ("The College Years") in 1993. 

• Members
FROM THE VAULT: WEEKLY DAYTIME NIELSEN RATINGS: WEEKS OF 7/27/87-7/31/87 & 8/3/87-8/7/87:

Please register in order to view this content

IRAN CONTRA HEARINGS BROADCASTS: WEEKS OF 7/27/87-7/31/87 & 8/3/87-8/7/87:

.9 rating difference the first week of July, but the week I just posted (last week of July 1987) ATWT was closer....just a .7 rating difference below YR.

• Members

@JAS0N47 How did the NBC shows do the week of August 1-5, 1983?  Bo and Hope were on fire on DAYS, AW had the expensive remote with the double wedding of Mac and Rachel and Sandy and Blaine, and SEARCH aired their live episode after the “infamous” and well publicized missing tape.  I would imagine the shows saw a bump in the ratings during this week.

• Members
No big change from the weeks before:

5/28/84-6/1/84...5.4/22
6/4/84-6/8/84...5.0/21
6/11/84-6/15/84...5.2/21

I saw those episodes on GSN. That's the guy who memorized the PYL board and knew exactly when to hit the button!

7/25/83-7/29/83:
Search 3.4/12
Days 6.4/20
AW 6.2/21

8/1/83-8/5/83:
Search 3.5/13
Days 6.3/20
AW 5.7/19

No bump. Search had .1 higher rating from the previous week. Days & AW dropped from the previous week.

• Members

Thanks so much for the info- surprised that DAYS and AW dropped the week of August 1st.  Interesting that AW was .2 points from DAYS rating the week of July 25th.  We will have to see if this is the closest AW was to being NBCs top rated soap again.