BRAVO: Vanderpump Rules

rlj

• Members

Well, here's some interesting tea...

I walked into work and my co-workers to know about VR. I thought that weird so I asked why. It seems that one of our recurring characters is related to one of the stars. So they wanted to know who it was. I told them if they remembered the name and some work related info I probably would...

So? The relative?

Max.

On top of the dramatic BELOW DECK reunion last night having to do with another boy and his family member drama, I was heated. 

Of course, I had to mention it here.  lol.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Agree.

I thought that was a great read. And I haven't really been feeling it much at all this season other than Schena having a brain for a second and giving Max all those receipts in that one scene. 

I do like Raquel coming into her own and starting to chin check Lala. I have to admit I am liking James trying to stay sober. And Lisa is Lisa. Other than that, I am not feeling it.

I was hoping for new blood. But the guys are ugh. And I like the girls better, but Dayna has lost some of her luster. Other than that, I want to see more of Danica. And Charli I think the other girl is named. 

Oh, and NO MORE WEDDINGS (Sorry, Stassi...though I like you have some form of a career going on...using that platform).

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

Great read about Covid-19 and Vanderpump Rules

This is really personal for me, as I worked at a bar for over 6 years, and before that, I worked at a restaurant.  Totally unsurprised by Stassi's insensitive, tone deaf "joke."  And if this is true about LVP, Ken, Guillermo, and Nathalie, it's emblematic of the attitude a lot of bar/restaurant owners ultimately have for their staff.  And I'm proud of the Toms for doing something.  We keep on hearing about the hardship small business owners are facing right now, with little coverage of how totally screwed ALL the people who work for them are.  People have a lot of opinions about this industry, and I've accepted that if you haven't worked in the service industry, you usually just don't and can't understand it.

• Members

Well, as someone who has been in the restaurant industry over 8 years (and food/customer service even longer), I totally understand. Before this, there is even a bar where I frequent that is the hub for all of the restaurant/hotel/nightclub industry down here and we all tell tales all the time on the what it's like. I have even gotten into heated arguments with friends who don't understand the industry because they disrespected a server/bartender/cook/etc was a slight to me and I don't play that...and did call them out on condensing cuz my friends should be snobs. 

I do like that Tom has not forgotten where he came from and understands as well. 

• Members

I agree.  When someone outside the industry insults or "evaluates" a service industry worker (this does not happen like this in ANY other field), I get fiercely protective lol.  You just don't have the experience or context to do that.

And I'm super proud of Tom Sandoval for not forgetting where he came from.  Even within the industry, it's super disappointing when a manager forgets what it was like to be a server, a server a busser, a bartender a barback, etc. You're in this together, but hierarchy and impatience can be something that plagues this industry.

Anyway, totally getting off topic lol.  Gosh, this reminds me of when this show was actually about the hotmess staff of a restaurant/lounge... once this show lost its authenticity (which I'd say happened after season 3), it's been a slow bleeding out... the show's premise is a blatant farce and they may as well put a pin in this monstrously misshapen balloon before it gets even more unrecognizable.  

• Members

HAHAHAHAHAH!!! EXACTLY!!! Part of what got me to watch that first season WAS that it was in a restaurant and they were more of a hot mess than MY co-workers I worked with at the time. Surprisingly relatable though. 

I also agree with this season. I had been saying they should get new blood in but...this is not even a hot mess at this point. This past week is the first time I really enjoyed it and this is episode 15 I believe. And the only moments that have made me giggle or I have liked ironically has been with Schaena though I still like stasis (beau has made her mostly a better woman) and the Toms sometimes and LVP of course. Oh, Raquel is coming into her own and still seems like a nice genuine person.

And +1000 on paragraph one. They really don't have the experience or context to understand. Do you know if the kitchen is backed up? If there is a party of 20? If the staff is shortstaffed? Is there drama between some coworker couple? Truck was late? I could go on. lol. And yes, I loathe those kind of managers too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hehe...so what did you think about the drama with Scheana and the editor that has giving her a bad edit given all the things she has been doing off camera?

You know what? That finale could have worked as a SERIES finale. I didn't really care or pay attention to this season until AFTER Jax and Britney's wedding. But suddenly....things started to happen. And the finale...stuff was really happening. From the return of Baby Scheana to all the old schoolers falling out to Kristen showing growth with Danica to Ariana checking Jax and LVP tearing into Jax for making the mistake of calling VPR 'his show'...it was good.

That said...Jax, Brit, Lala, Dayna, and her triangle (though I scarily enough warmed to Max) can go.

I was all for new blood, but this season was the wrong way to go. That said, keep Danica, Charli, OtherBrett (funny to see him in Secrets Revealed when he was announced as joinging but never saw him in the episodes) Raquel and James (who had a good redemptive arc this season) and make them Generation Next. 

Meanwhile Tom and Tom  (and Ariana and Scheana) could be mentors to the others. That's how it felt in this tail end of the season and there was potential.

Highlight was the Battle of the Pool Parties and Charli calling Jax's Pool Party (his retirement party). Looking forward to her vs Jax at the reunion. 

• Members

I absolutely agree. It felt like a series finale for at least some of the cast. All of the new blood are flops. Jax and Brittney are over and done and I don't care what happens to either of them (not in a love to hate way, just a "ugh, get them off the screen" way). They are just gross.

I agree with your exit list (though I would demote Lala to Friend Of since she still has an enviable life and could host a party or two) and I think Katie should also be demoted since she's brought NOTHING to the show for years.

I think that the show needs to pivot to the expansion of Tom Tom with the two Toms and LVP, focus next season on breaking the 4th Wall and showing the real lives of people like Kristen and Schena and Ariana who absolutely get the shaft in comparison to Stassi, and do NOT focus on a Stassi/Beau wedding (if it happens at all due to Covid-19).

• Members

See? From what I can tell...not all of the new blood was flops. It was more that the intriguing ones did not get a lot of screen time. Like Danica and her relationship with OtherBrett. After the threesome talk, I am curious. Charli and her anti-Jax-ness and how she keeps shading him has been a hoot. Why? NO ONE really stands up to him anymore before this season. It's not the same when its a friend/frienemy versus someone on the outside that can dislike you and not have on the kid gloves because Jax does need to be dragged (btw, thank you Ariana.

Please register in order to view this content

)

I have really enjoyed Raquel giving it to Lala this season and STILL being her innocent and sweet self which apparently might be real. I loved the message she did online in RL at the start of zombie apocalypse, telling people that it is important to wear masks and giving tips on how to help and being a selfless person. So she won a fan in me. That Lala apparently disliked her so much that she also did an online post that came across as selfish I found telling. But it seem like the real way to bring Lala back down to earth might be a rivalry and it seem like even more than with miniScheana, they were setting that up with Danica and Danica doesn't seem to mind playing dirty so I wouldn't mind her calling Lala out with her fakeness.

I agree about Katie. I do like that she appears to become a normal person away from Stassi and I admit I liked her realistic reaction to the police prank...especially in light of recent events here in the U.S. If only she was like this more often. 

Speaking of real life and her, apparently Kristen has done a movie or something and Katie appears to be credited with the music on it. Where was the story behind THAT? Schana's video and the drama with that editor who was giving her a bad edit because Scheana didn't befriend her. So NONE of Scheana's life this season was on air. And apparently she went through a LOT this season (her eggs, that video, finding her new boyfriend, promoting). I admit when she revealed her family connection to that old ladies baseball team (A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN--and that Madonna ballad that came from it--a favorite movie of mine) was a happy surprise. It was like she had...dare I say it?...shades/layers. And where has this person been for the last few years. That it seems well timed to what is going on the NY ladies being introspective...I would have liked to see more of it. I've heard IRL that while Scheana seems to want attention...that she is an actual nice person so guilty while I feel...I didn't to subscribe to her YT channel due to that. I agree...I would like to see more of what they are doing outside the show ON THE SHOW. They used to be that way in Season 1 and it's sad that was lost...could you imagine? THey are in LA to make it and working at the restaurant and we could see them struggle and the drama that came with it as LVP shepherds them. Wow. I was not expecting to write a lot. LOL!!!

I agree. If there is a next season, focus on the real life and the expansion of Tom Tom with LVP's help. 

Happy for Stassi, but I'm wedding-out-ed.