Big hits that are rarely seen today

DRW50

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think we got Me about 2 years ago, so I missed several shows as well that I wanted to see. I'm constantly tuned in to it now, so they still have a lot of shows I like.

Carl, they actually have the promo on their website (along with all of their other promos) here: http://metvnetwork.com/videos/metv-promos/the-doris-day-show-christmas-eve she even sings a bit of Que Sera, Sera.

• Members

While it's defiantly not forgotten, the Mary Tyler Moore show seems to have been in seldom reruns the past decade as opposed to being all the time before that.

What about the many loves of dobby gillis? I don't know if it was huge but I've not seen or heard anyone talk about it in. Long time and it used to be a rerun stable.

• Members

Again I don't want to research and see if these wee big hits, but I used to love the reruns of Veronica's closet/Caroline in the city and they have both vanished it would seem.

I'm surprised thirty something doesn't pop up often in syndication.

Felicity and Party of Five were big, and seem to be mostly forgotten as well. Tho both are streaming online so...

• Members

Dobie and Mary are both on MeTV, though Mary only airs on Monday nights and Dobie airs in the wee hours on weekends (it's probably on as I type lol). Patty is on Antenna TV 7 days a week at noon, and I'm loving it more and more every time I get a chance to watch.

I just accept that most hit dramas will probably never been regularly rerun again. Some crime/mystery shows get airplay on rerun networks, and you'll always have The Waltons and Little House somewhere 40 times a day, but there are just so, so many old non-sitcoms that ran for many seasons that have not been on TV in years. The DVDs are out there for most, so that's good.

• Members

Here a some shows that haven't aired in a while, at least on the stations I have.biggrin.png

The Mod Squad
It Takes A Theif
Starsky and Hutch
Hardcastle and Mcormick
ABC Kung Fu / Kung Fu The Legend Continues
Highlander
Xena
Barney Miller
SOAP It was on Comedy Central years ago.
WKRP In Cincinatti
Andromeda
LA Law
Cagney and Lacey
The Equalizer
Wiseguy
The Young Riders
Homicde:Life On The Street
The Pretender

• Members

It Takes a Thief, Barney Miller, WKRP and Soap have all recently appeared on Antenna TV.

I actually liked High Society, though it was definitely an AbFab ripoff down to the way Jean Smart's hair was styled. Actually, I felt like it was inspired more by the success of the Maryann character and they decided to exploit the original source material, which was popular on Comedy Central at the time, in a more outrageous way than Cybill Shepherd served. Plus, it was nice to see Jayne Meadows in a series at that time in her life. Also probably the last time I saw Stephanie Beacham in a guest spot before she returned to the UK.

"That no-talent bitch, Nancy Garber-Hill!" The random things that remain in your brain.

Archived