SOD: AMC newbie leaving???

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL, I'm ok with keeping the character of Celia just need a recast. Same with Destiny on OLTL and I've been curious after the initial "Get her off!" that I do how receptive something like Hulu would be to recasting as opposed to when soaps were on air and sometimes it was incredibly easy to just switch them out.

• Members

If it's anyone other than Celia or Jane (who is okay, but would not be missed), I'm going to cut someone.

They could also recast Colby again and I wouldn't miss a beat.

To be honest, though, I can live with them recasting anyone but A.J., Miranda or Pete. And I assume they're all safe. I will feel bad for Jordan Price or Sal Stowers if it's one of them though, despite my feeling that Price is not getting it done.

It could be Paula Garces due to her pregnancy. I like her chemistry with TK but I could also live with that.

• Members

I don't think it would be AJ, Miranda, Pete- Ginger Smith was just raving about all three on the Fairman show last night. Though I suppose stranger things have happened. Sal Stowers seems to be getting a ton of praise so I doubt its her although Cassandra could be a tough character to write from here although I trust Agnes to guide them on that. Colby seems so new that I think they'd give her some time.

I could see it being Lea since she has other projects and now is having a baby- maybe they've come to a mutual parting. Otherwise, I'd avoid firing the pregnant actress unless the contract is very much on their side with outs.- I can't handle any more PP legal disputes. I do like her and TK but I would get over it.

Celia- could definitely live without her but I'd feel a bit cheated since the first month was all about setting up her mystery. They'd need to resolve at least some of it and then send her away from help.

• Members

Oh, I assume they'll just recast Celia if it came to that, not dump the character so soon. It seems as though this story is close to Agnes's heart. And I agree, the mystery is intriguing.

I was under the impression this was about dumping an actor, not a character.

• Members

Oh ok- that's true- for some reason I hadn't thought of PP and recasting which is silly since obviously that's an option. Honestly with Celia, I can't even decide if the problem was the actress or the initial schmaltzy writing or the overexposure in the early weeks or some combination.

• Members

I noticed during her interview last night Ginger talked about what drew her and Jeff K to JLP in her auditions but she then added "but Celia's a difficult role to play" or something like that.

Still I'm kind of leaning towards Jane. With just two eps a week they may not see room for her story.

• Members

I think Rob is fantastic in the role he was cast in - a beautiful, cocky, arrogant young man. But that's me.

I will be pretty annoyed if someone else less deserving is cut before Price. Even Heather Roop. And I hadn't thought of Ryan Bittle, but I don't want to consider that.

It could, OTOH, be Anders - maybe Jordi is back.

• Members

I agree on Rob- he IS perfect for how they've characterized Petey and I think he has potential to grow as an actor. I doubt its Ryan Bittle- JY isn't available, he's doing fine, the story is just now really cooking with hiding Oliver- can't imagine why they would recast

Archived