SOD: AMC newbie leaving???

• Members

I had not thought of this, but maybe! I think the guy is nice enough (he seems really excited about being part of AMC) but so far he really has not shown any real acting chops. Everyone can improve I guess, though. My choice, though, would be to drop this guy and bring teen Emma to town!

They are not going to get rid of Garces unless it were a truly mutual parting. I think if you are found firing someone because they are pregnant, I think it's either illegal or grounds for a lawsuit. Remember when they were going to get rid of Sydney Penny but she turned up preggers and they had to wait?

No way it's Tonz or Nelsen. Everyone seems to love them, they are doing a good job(IMO) and their characters are important to the show. The other recasts(Bittle, Newton, Wilson, etc) probably would not be on the chopping block unless they are an attitude problem or something. I remember reading about AMC firing the first guy who played Josh for that reason.

My first thought was Celia and it still is. right now, she is not doing much and while I don't think she is a bad actress, she doesn't seem to be improving or getting into things as well as say, newbie Sal Stowers has. So far she really isn't connected to anyone either. IMO, while I, too, would not finding out about her mystery stuff, she is still fairly dispensable.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with the issue of 2 actresses being pregnant and the issue of firing a pregnant actress. It would be very distracting and hurtful to the show for PP to be involved in yet another lawsuit/legal complaint if one of them were fired/let go.

Sal Stowers is doing fantastic work and so there would be a lot of complaints if she were to be let go. Of course, if Cass goes the abortion route there would be nice storyline for her for awhile longer. Eventually the writers would have to figure out something else for the character if PP gives the show a 2nd season. Frankie would have to come back and maybe Natalia too to give the Hubbard family continuity and presence.

I like AJ, Miranda and Petey and all are needed for continuity of the show too.

A lot of the cast are simply being backburned and how can they show their chops when there is no storyline or scenes or lines for them to do their work?

The David/Cara/Oliver storyline has to get better and come forward pretty quickly.

I am curious about the new writing team and what they are writing for the next block filming coming up next month.

I agree with the issue of 2 actresses being pregnant and the issue of firing a pregnant actress. It would be very distracting and hurtful to the show for PP to be involved in yet another lawsuit/legal complaint if one of them were fired/let go.

Sal Stowers is doing fantastic work and so there would be a lot of complaints if she were to be let go. Of course, if Cass goes the abortion route there would be nice storyline for her for awhile longer. Eventually the writers would have to figure out something else for the character if PP gives the show a 2nd season. Frankie would have to come back and maybe Natalia too to give the Hubbard family continuity and presence.

I like AJ, Miranda and Petey and all are needed for continuity of the show too.

A lot of the cast are simply being backburned and how can they show their chops when there is no storyline or scenes or lines for them to do their work?

The David/Cara/Oliver storyline has to get better and come forward pretty quickly.

I am curious about the new writing team and what they are writing for the next block filming coming up next month.

• Members

I don't feel there are any younger characters that need to be written off. There just aren't that many and most are connected to legacy families. If anything, I would suggest recasting some of them, but I certainly don't think they need to write any of them off. I'd recast both Celia and Petey honestly. Petey needs a more unique and dynamic actor who can make the character more memorable. Considering the actors who played his parents you just need to do better. Period.

• Members

Yes who is on the backburner? Who?!?!

Jane at the coffee shop? Griffin- ok maybe. Did anyone expect Opal to have major story? Yet, we still see her a good bit. David Canary by choice. Eden Riegel- limited availability due to other projects. We see everyone else regularly and with story.

• Members

I really wanted to like Pete. I loved adorably nerdy Pete from 2008 or so, and I was hoping for a more self-confident, sans glasses version of that. NuPete is kind of a jerk who apparently spends too much time working out. The guy playing Dr. Anders looks far more like I expected Pete to look.

• Members

I loved nerdy Pete too. Brianne was no thespian but they were enjoyable together in scenes. But I don't see Rob's Petey as a jerk. Like you said he's a sweet, decent guy- I think that really shines through with Opal- but I would never expect or want Palmer's son to be a cookie cutter nice guy. I think he's handled the material so far just fine, has charisma and is capable of growing as an actor.

Archived