Tyler Perry's 'Haves and Have Nots' on OWN

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

IKR? With few exceptions, regular (and I would argue even cable) TV has become such a wasteland. Which is ironic when you consider how many, many, many options there are nowadays.

I almost feel like I must create a Black-centric soap to show Mr. Perry how it's really done.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Well there is clearly trouble in paradise for Veronica & David. Veronica is gonna push David right into that campaign manager's arms. A white woman might I add. I can smell a Bernadine (a la Waiting to Exhale) clothes and car burning scene coming. If it ain't The Color Purple, Tyler borrows from Waiting to Exhale. Calling it.

• Members

Mr. Cryer must have paid somebody to confess to the hit and run. I hope it's a lot of money.

David finally took his balls out of Veronica purse.

Since people are calling out stuff, here's mine... gay love triangle.

Edited by MoTheGreat

• Members

So true and with Tyler directing and writing the scene, it's gonna be over the top and fail capture the true essence of a woman scorned. He's already did the Bernadine scene on his other show, For Better For Worse, and even though I love Tasha Smith as an actress, it was horrid. Funny but not for the right reasons. Tyler likes the to use the same tropes and he'll most definitely reuse this one. He seems to think that all black women like to vandalize their significant other's possessions when they are scorned just like he loves to think that all his black heroines have to be damaged via their daddy molesting them, abuse, raped, given STDs, etc.

• Members

omg, I think Perry has gotten worse if that's even possible! The first scene lasted too damn long only for them to go into the opening and then back to the scene, only to have it longer! Katherine and Hannah did not need to be talking that long.

Yay to Mimi from AMC being on this!

I liked the scene between the gay son and the guy that's feeling him. I cant even recall these characters names. Its Jeffrey right? Yeah, that scene was good and well done

Was shocked to see that one of Candace's captors was a woman. Usually when you see a plot like this done, its always men. Why is Jim keeping her alive though? She has proven that she cant be controlled. At this point, it would be easier to just kill her off and move on

IKR? Ain't nothing ghetto about Veronica. Actually there isnt anyone ghetto on this cast

Edited by Cheap21

• Members
Good black don't crack. He has GOOD skin too. I thought he and his character were about 24-26ish myself

LDY3jMC.jpg?1

btw, the actor that plays Landon looks good. He will be the obligatory eye candy with Benny still out of commission

Edited by Cheap21