Threesome/"Thruple" storylines? Plausible?

• Members

Would the viewers be too squeamish for a story centered around polyamory? I wouldn't trust people like FV/RC to do it...but maybe that it can be done in earnest soaps like Y&R or DAYS? I mean, it would be interesting if Nick/Jason Morgan decided to call a truce and share Avery.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There have been a few times when I felt like it was hinted that at least one of the characters in a triangle would have taken a threesome.

Erica Kane literally dated Travis and Jackson Montgomery on alternating days, and they AGREED to it! She did it with their full knowledge and consent, which still amazes me. Had they not been brothers and had there not been a child involved, I could have absolutely pictured her trying to make long-term relationship with both men work.

Almost a decade later when Erica was trying to decide between Jack and Mike Roy, there was a scene when she was sort of wistfully saying to both of them that she loved them both and she wished she could just push them together into one perfect man. I thought then - and still think - that if Mike and Jack had been willing (and they weren't - they quickly shut down that line of conversation), that she would have gladly gotten into bed with both of them.

Then you had Babe, sleeping with JR and Jamie at the same time, with Jamie well aware that she was married to his stepbrother, and Babe fantasizing about a threesome.

There was also Bianca, who hooked up with a set of identical twins (at separate times), and then with a set of fraternal twins, who were cousins of the first set of twins. Okay, so Bianca didn't actually have sex with Babe, but she did make out in bed with her to piss off JR, and it seemed like Bianca would have been more than willing to really go that far with Babe. Does David Hayward have any more female relatives out there close to Bianca's age? Because if so, Bianca could probably turn them gay.

And I agree that B&B's Ridge should have just moved Brooke and Taylor both in with him, given how he went back and forth so much.

Archived