The New DVD Thread

Drew

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

havent seen it yet. But I love horror movies, so I'll prolly find something worth while in it.

I bought The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) 2-disc DVD on the strength of the trailer alone, even though there was a single disc version. And I loved it, it's one of my favourite horror films, and to me stands equal with the original (they ballance out. The original was more brutal & gory, especially the last half with Sally tortured in the Sawyer house. But the acting from everyone cept Marilyn Burns was [!@#$%^&*]. The new verson had the amazing acting from the entire cast and the atmosphere to invest in and sell the story and didn't have to rely on gore to scare. )

I'm very impulsive when it comes to DVDs.

• Members

"The Crush"

It stars Alicia Silverstone and Cary Elwes. Anyone seen it? She plays a 14-year-old girl who has a crush on Cary Elwes character, who is in his mid-twenties. He turns down her sexual advances, and as a result, she goes absolutely nuts. And much like Sami Brady on Days of Our Lives, her family and friends continue to look at her and think she's just sooo perfect and young and sweet and innocent. Little do they know she's out there stealing used condoms and inserting them inside herself to make it look as if she was raped!

Soo... anyone seen it? Reminds me a bit of "Fatal Attraction."

• Members

Yes Kenny I have seen it. It is funny you mention the similarity to Sami Brady. I have always said to friends and all that if Alison Sweeney ever left Days they should try to get Silverstone to play her. They are very similar.

I liked The Crush alot.

• Members

Wow, I've always said that about Ali and Alicia! They are so similar in their portrayal of bad girls. Especially that SMIRK. They both have THE SMIRK.

Sami and the character in this movie were so similar, though. Going around doing all of these dirty, evil things. And then in front of her parents, she's little miss sweetie pie. They think she'd never hurt a fly. And she totally plays it up! Makes the payoff that much better when the !@#$%^&*] is exposed and gets what's coming to her.

• Members

I recently got my copy of the entire series of Sports Night and am LOVING EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of it! I don't know if there are any other fans out there but this show is so awesome... there is just something about it that makes it so funnily humane...

• Members

Went to rent some movies last night at Blockbuster - hoping to take part in the sale they keep advertising - only to find out our Blockbuster is no longer what they call a "franchise" store so they do not take part in the sales any longer. Anyway I did pick up 3 off their 3 for $20 rack:

The Amityville Horror (2005)

The Pacifier

Million Dollar Baby

Movies I Own:

http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=9488610

Archived