1968 article on soap actors - "Where have I seen them before?"

DRW50

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This was a great article, Carl. Thanks for posting.

I was shocked that Mary K. Wells was on "Edge of Night" in four different roles.

It was nice to read about some of those parts I hadn't heard of. I didn't realize Denise Alexander had been on "General Hospital" prior to playing Leslie.

• Members

What's sad is that columns/celebrity news programs outside the soap press is STILL getting soap history wrong!! I wish, for once, when a mainstream celebrity news source like ET reports something about soaps (which is rare, I know) they get everything right.

• Members

You're confusing "A Woman to Remember" with the similarly named "Woman With a Past." "To Remember" was an early (Dumont?) serial about a radio soap opera which featured Mona Bruns. It aired in the late 1940s / early 1950s. It only aired for about four or five months and there was a change in the schedule somewhere. I think it aired as a half hour on Sundays for two months and then nightly around 7 for another two months. I'm sure some one else will remember the details or look it up.

"Past" was the Constance Ford serial about Ford's dress designer character who had a daughter with a criminal and was in love with a married man that ran for about six months in 1954.

Archived