GH: Discussion for the Month of March

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought so too. I remember being happy at the time when Wolfe got the job. I think he ultimately could have blended the old GH with the mob-centric GH but it wasn't meant to be. And maybe I'm giving him too much credit. IDK.

Yup. Naturally we have to have endless days of Sonny and Kate in bed, basking in their afterglow. Sabrina has to have time to hog up the airtime. Todd needs time to mug the camera. Ellen and Starr need more time to makeout and reflect on their love at the exact same spot where her highschool sweetheart and daughter died. Oh! We also need time to of course have Molly obsess over Rafe and have everyone worry so much about where he's going to go as he makes love eyes at John. SMH.

• Members

I'm not gonna go as far as to praise Guza's stories... The Russians, The Balkin, Jake's Death were all horribly written stories, but the day to day plotting and dialogue were enough to keep it interesting. Earlier in this thread, in the scene posted of Brenda talking about Kate, later on, Jason is telling Brenda essentially that he has a problem with her being so affectionate with Spinelli because Spinelli would view that affection as something more and proceed to try to prove himself by fighting the Balkin in her honor. I miss the character analysis onscreen. Regardless of the fact that it was Jason, a character said "if this happens with a character, I know that character enough to know this will happen, and I don't want that to happen, so STOP IT!" Little intricacies like that are missing. Nobody is delving into the character of another character. It's all plot driven. For instance, the fact that Molly refuses to see why her behavior is insulting and disrespectful to her BOYFRIEND is plot driven. The fact that Sonny can't see why getting his rocks off with a woman suffering from a mental illness is wrong. The fact that Frisco thinks that he can get Felicia and Maxie to just LOVE HIM after being gone for 17 years. There's no REAL motive given for these sudden, drastic turns in behavior. It's just happening.

• Members

And, getting back to pleasing you, An, he made me root for Laura Wright's Carly. To me, no matter how "boring" his stories were, his character development was WONDERFUL! That's why I refuse to believe Kate's character was destined to be this cartoon under him. I'll go as far as Wolf intending on Kate having residual effects from being shot on her wedding day which made her splinter off into an alter, but I refuse to think he meant Kate was going to become a hateful, horny clown with a bad accent.

• Members

Molly was telling Kristina what a bad man Johnny was and how he deserved to be in jail one day meanwhile she broke strangers out of jail and wants Alexis to move a strange child into her home.Sonny is a lost cause and his only purpose is tochold the purse of that looney toon. He even puts her over his family. When Brenda wanted him to leave Prot Charles and the mob for her and her son he told her no he wouldn't because his kids family was in PC. Pretty sure he'd chase ConKate to the ends of the earth. I'm so mad Frisco's absence during pretty much Maxie's entire life has been glossed over.

• Members

This is where I disagree because this bullshit was in motion before PP pulled their power trip, which is why I'd called this Turdly mess from the minute some fool started floating that idea out into the universe. I blame this on this show's incessant need to make that cancerous skunt of a character happen - whether it is Ron or the showkiller that preceded him - at the expense of dozens of far more valuable characters throughout the past 15+ years.

• Members

Long and forgotten, my asparagus. Todd was a major reason why many lapsed and new viewers even bothered to take the time out of their charmed lives to tune in in some shape of form after the showkilling scum known as Guza drove them away. There wasn't a single one that was checking for this shitshow-that-should've-been-the-first-to-be-cancelled until Cartini used him (as well as McBain and Starr) as bargaining chips for folks to give it another try.

Archived