Soapnet's "50 years in 50 hours" GH marathon

• Members

More 1st '79 eppy questions:

1. Was Lesley happily married to Rick when Monica dropped that bomb or were they already separated at the time?

2. When Monica said that Rick could have the son that he's always wanted, was this an indication that Lesley couldn't have her own kids (hence the adoption of Laura) or that she simply couldn't 'succeed' in birthing a boy for him?

3. Was this before or after Alan threatened to drop a house on Rick & Monica?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Before they were on canvas, Monica had been in love with Rick, believed he died, married Jeff, came to PC, discovered Rick was alive and was married to Lesley, and thus began the affair.

I think. I'm a little hazy about that era.

Brock. During one of her beatings, he threw her down the stairs and she was forced to have a hysterectomy.

• Members

I'm curious now:

1. Was the hatred for Susan universal amongst audiences?

2. Did TPTB see her a loathsome or valued character?

3. How long did she last on this show?

4. Was she in any non-Q related storylines or was screwing (literally and figuratively) with the Qs her sole purpose on the show?

• Members
I'm not sure if it was universal. I just know that from what I've seen, I really dislike her. Always have. I assume others felt The same.

I think TPTB saw her as someone to cause conflict to characters we actually care about.

She was on 5 years (1978-1983)

She was involved a lot with the Q's but had some other stuff like with Scott and Heather.

• Members

5AM eppy:

1. Wait, a fitness class at a disco? Who came up with that idea?

2. How much publicity did GH bring to Richard Simmons/Richard Simmons bring to GH?

3. That's Jennifer? The Jennifer that I knew was played by Roseanne...laugh.png

4. Did Amy have anything else to do other than get into everyone else's business? So far, that's all I've seen her do.

• Members

Richard's career was helped quite a bit by GH. Not sure he did much for the show.

Jennifer was played by three different actresses, including Roseanne and the woman from All in the Family whose name escapes me.

Amy mostly gossiped but had some stories, like with the crew including Blackie.

Archived